Pod Your Reef

What kind of brisstle worm is this?

a1rabbit

I mostly just want to know if they are bad or not. We had a TON of extra cheato and I pulled it out to cut up into baggie sized chunks and there are a lot of these worms in it. I was going to sell it to the LFS but if it's infested with bad worms I'll just toss what I don't need.

worms1.jpg

BustytheSnowMaam

They're just your average worm- nothing to worry about! i can't ID them but they look just like mine. Except mine are bigger and fiercer :P

They're just your average worm- nothing to worry about! i can't ID them but they look just like mine. Except mine are bigger and fiercer :P

Thanks, I'd only ever seen one worm in my main tank, a pretty small one. I had expected to see them in the cheato as I've heard they love it; and there they were. If I don't get any worms bigger than these I'll be quite happy. I'm not a worm lover, but I can live with them.

Thanks again.

reefkidsclownfish

it's the average kind, my tank is barly set up and i have a few of these, they are the kind that are in almost every thing you buy, live sand and liverock almost always have them, but some fish stores pay a a a dolor for the small ones, and 3 for the long, (the one i had in my tank was about 8", OMG it scared the s*** out of me, i sold it to my lfs for 3 dollors, nice for a worm)

so dont worry, find out if your lfs buys them, because they are really good in a cleanup crew.

Archived