Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My Aquapod 24 with 150w Sunpod

Mitch529

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Damn mitch, I really love the tank. Im a huge fan of the open divide in the middle of the tank. Any new pics?

Thanks, I am finally happy with the scape too... Took many re-arrangements to get it there lol!

Here are some recent pictures I haven't updated the thread in a while.

ftssm0.jpg

closemn7.jpg

favie3.jpg

And here are some new zoas I just added, got these frags for $5 a piece from a nice LFS

bothsk0.jpg

greensef8.jpg

bluesui2.jpg

Here is an updated stocking

Fish:

Black A. Ocellaris

Banggai Cardinal

Randalls Goby

Inverts:

2 Peppermint shrimp

1 Female Emerald Crab

7 Astrea Snails

4 Cerith Snails

5 Nassarius Snails

10 hermits (scarlet & blue leg)

Coral:

2 kinds of Green Star Polyps

Branching Frogspawn

Branching Hammer

Pink Pom-Pom Pulsing Xena

Lavender mushroom

Misc. Common mushrooms

Kenya Tree

Trumpet

Clover

Tyree Blue chalice

Misc. Zoas

Ah that sucks they were out he is a really cool fish. Actually I almost like him more than the clown... The little ###### has become quite protective over the tank and attacks me whenever I am in the tank, its quite annoying and he(probably soon to be she) is relentless never giving up!

haha whenever I put my hand in the tank the clowns go straight for it and start picking at me. I don't know if its them attacking because they don't slam into me or if there are looking for some sort of snack

haha whenever I put my hand in the tank the clowns go straight for it and start picking at me. I don't know if its them attacking because they don't slam into me or if there are looking for some sort of snack

Lol I wish it was just picking at me, he straight attacks me! It's funny though because they all trust me for feeding and any time I come near the tank they are following me around the glass or come to the surface waiting for food, but the second I put my hand in the tank its a different story from Mr. Clown :P (unless there is food in it)

It doesn't hurt or anything but it does get quite annoying. If I am not paying attention and he nails me I have been known to throw water everywhere lol.

Lol I wish it was just picking at me, he straight attacks me! It's funny though because they all trust me for feeding and any time I come near the tank they are following me around the glass or come to the surface waiting for food, but the second I put my hand in the tank its a different story from Mr. Clown :P (unless there is food in it)

It doesn't hurt or anything but it does get quite annoying. If I am not paying attention and he nails me I have been known to throw water everywhere lol.

Ha ha I can imagine, especailly the first time it happened, must have been quite the suprise

Well I finally gave in, we were at LFS last night picking up some frags and browsing all other livestock like usual... Well the gf comes across a very cute juvenile Ocellaris hosting a nice S. haddoni. I have been wanting another clown to go with the B/W Ocellaris anyways so it didn't take much convincing since he was so cute. So we ended up with him and his home, so far the nem is doing good but I am keeping close tabs on it. The clown decided our frogspawn looks like a good place to call home, so far he hovers really close to it and only dives in when scared.

clownqa5.jpg

clownfrontce3.jpg

carpetjy6.jpg

EDIT: Wasn't happy with that crappy nem shot. Got a great macro of it!

greatnemshotqe4.jpg

awesome, I cant wait to get something for my clowns...either a BTA or maybe a nice big frogspawn...which ever one is easier to keep I guess since this tank still has a few moves in its future.

Is it alright to mix clowns?

awesome, I cant wait to get something for my clowns...either a BTA or maybe a nice big frogspawn...which ever one is easier to keep I guess since this tank still has a few moves in its future.

Is it alright to mix clowns?

The difference between black A. Ocellaris and orange A. Ocellaris is that one is primarily black and the other orange. They are the same species of clownfish =D

• 2 weeks later...

o man...i wish mine was still kicking. I've placed food in front of some tunnels no luck :(

Maybe next time I go to Skiptons (LFS) ill get a shrimp goby and pistol at the same time, might have more luck

glad its worken out for ya

WOW....that mini carpet anemone is freaking out of this world with color. Did you get it locally? I wish I could find something like that at one of my LFS for sure.

WOW....that mini carpet anemone is freaking out of this world with color. Did you get it locally? I wish I could find something like that at one of my LFS for sure.

Yes I got it locally, some local reefers around me have some. I am working on collecting more morphs etc... I have 6 of these now, in the future I may sell some.

Took some top down shots of the mini carpets today while feeding.

lotsofcarpetsmh8.jpg

closeupeq5.jpg

Don't mind the apistasi, the peppermint shrimp wont come up in the mess of the carpets... It's getting the injection treatment tonight!

• 4 months later...

WOW, those carpets are incredible. I would love to take one off your hands, or ask for some help on how to procure one. Thanks,

-mike

WOW, those carpets are incredible. I would love to take one off your hands, or ask for some help on how to procure one. Thanks,

-mike

Wow, those are some old pics. I would love to send one to you but I am afraid shipping would cost much more than they are worth. Check some LFS and see if you can find one, I know there are others that actually sell them here too.

Thyat pistol video is cool! Them and the shrimp gobies fasinate me, they're so fun to watch. I'd sit infront of my tank for hours, but I've got a $60 slab of acan infront of their burrow so it's hard to see the shrimp. But the gobies do put on a show.

AND the first fish a, Black and White Ocellaris Clownfish named DaDa (if you have ever seen the Friday Trilogy ;))

HAHA Dangit now i can't name mine that... jerk. ;) love those movies though lol

I will have some updated pics in a few days, tank is getting an overhaul right now... Building a new HOB with some goodies along with a new light. Tank is being converted to SPS dominate.

Archived