Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

All Glass Aquarium (AGA) Sold?

yankeereefer

yankeereefer

Went to look at AGA's website to get tank dims - Their website now comes up as Aqueon Products

http://www.all-glass.com/

Same company or were they sold?

I just called them - They answer the phone "All Glass central Aquatics"

Now I'm confused.

yankeereefer

A reply from my same post on RC:

"I spoke with the booth rep at the Drs Foster and Smith Conference last weekend (up in Rhinelander) and they are consolidating brands into a single company much like Marineland is now in United Pet Group with a bunch of brands, API is now in with Rena, Aquarian and Pondcare and for that matter how 90% of the "competitor" brands of frozen pizza in the grocery store are all made by Kraft nowadays."

petsolutions

Yeah it happened a while back. All of the companies seem to be merging into massive super companies. All Glass and Oceanic, Central Pet buying up companies, it's all very strange.

masterbuilder

http://www.aqueonproducts.com/

Thats the name that shown on their new web site. A cut and paste off the new site:

===================================================================

"The people that created the All-Glass Aquarium Company and brand, the world's leading manufacturer of aquariums and accessories for over 40 years, saw a need. That need was to further aid in people's enjoyment of aquarium keeping. By branching out beyond just aquariums, Aqueon was born to provide a full assortment of products for the aquatic hobby. The Aqueon line will contain foods, power filtration, water care products, lights, décor, furniture and of course aquariums. As a matter of fact, the high quality All-Glass branded products you have come to know and trust will also transition to the Aqueon brand. In doing so, Aqueon will continue the tradition of maintaining the highest quality standards established over the past 40 years."

masterbuilder

I was looking on the new site for All-Glass and man, what a awful web site. There is NO information on their aquariums other than they make them. I hate that! I never can understand why major companies have such a hard time building a useful site.

Rant complete!

Archived