Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

nano cube moon lights not working

Mad Steez

I have the NC 12g dx and i went to turn the moon lights on they powered up and then just dimed all the way off in seconds. Are they burnt out or is there some thing wrong? can they be replaced?

if the tank is new, call JBJ, they should send you a repair kit, of some sorts,

otherwise. check you wires - yada yada yada yada...

I just checked everything and all the connections are good. I think it might be the bulbs. I'm going to contact jbj about it and see what they say.

Also i want to add more moon lights to my tank what is the easiest way of doing it with out modifying the hood?

coralcrazy

um...what sort of nano cube do you have...i just added these 2 sweet moonlights on my nano cube...All i did was glue them with silicone to the reflector inside the light shield...and this was done in a 6 gallon...

um...what sort of nano cube do you have...i just added these 2 sweet moonlights on my nano cube...All i did was glue them with silicone to the reflector inside the light shield...and this was done in a 6 gallon...

I have a 12g DX

Im currently converting one of my 12 gallon Nanos to all LED lighting.

Sounds to me on your moonlights that possibly the resistor blew out. It wouldnt

be the LEDs themselves. Thats strange on a brand new set up for that to happen.

If I were you I would scrap their crappy leds and install new ones. I hate that they

only put in 2 LEDs in their tanks. I would install at least 8 and I would leave them

on all the time. There is no need for you to turn them on and off. They last for over

50,000 hours.

I just got a bulk of super bright leds . I got these 5mm 19,000 mcd actinic blue 420nm

that will make awesome moonlights. I also got 10mm white and 10mm blue.

If you dont know how to pull it apart and fix it. I would just call jbj. They will probably

tell you to send that hood back and they will send you a new one.

Good Luck...

Im currently converting one of my 12 gallon Nanos to all LED lighting.

Sounds to me on your moonlights that possibly the resistor blew out. It wouldnt

be the LEDs themselves. Thats strange on a brand new set up for that to happen.

If I were you I would scrap their crappy leds and install new ones. I hate that they

only put in 2 LEDs in their tanks. I would install at least 8 and I would leave them

on all the time. There is no need for you to turn them on and off. They last for over

50,000 hours.

I just got a bulk of super bright leds . I got these 5mm 19,000 mcd actinic blue 420nm

that will make awesome moonlights. I also got 10mm white and 10mm blue.

If you dont know how to pull it apart and fix it. I would just call jbj. They will probably

tell you to send that hood back and they will send you a new one.

Good Luck...

I'll call them and tell them deal. anyways, I was woundering the new LED lights you are putting in are you doing any drilling, cutting to the hood. I really want to put some more and better moonlight in the tank. how are you doing your new lights?

Archived