Innovative Marine Aquariums

Anyone use Fluval Lab Series Phosphate Remover

krikor

Just wondering if anyone has used the Fluval Lab Series Phosphate Remover, i just bought two jars since they were on special. Reg. Price is 24.99, i got each jar at 7bux, since the superpets by close by my work is changing to PetsMart, they have almost everything in store 75% off.

Anyways, can someone please give me some info on this, how much of the pellets do i put in the bag and how often should i change it. I have a 10 Gallon nano reef, NO SPS, just LPS and softies. Also running a Aquaclear Fuge and a Skimmer.

Thank you

Just wondering if anyone has used the Fluval Lab Series Phosphate Remover, i just bought two jars since they were on special. Reg. Price is 24.99, i got each jar at 7bux, since the superpets by close by my work is changing to PetsMart, they have almost everything in store 75% off.

Anyways, can someone please give me some info on this, how much of the pellets do i put in the bag and how often should i change it. I have a 10 Gallon nano reef, NO SPS, just LPS and softies. Also running a Aquaclear Fuge and a Skimmer.

Thank you

if its regular granular ferric oxide just add two teaspoons for your tank in a filter sock using an hob. change it once a month or so.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok the directions say:

For Saltwater Aquariums,

Use 1 Gram per 7.56L (2 U.S. Gal)

A dose of 25 grams per 189 (50 Gal) can remove 3.2 mg/L of phosphate

For Saltwater aquariums containing reef organisms, such as SPS corals (small polyped stony)

it is recommended to use the resin with caution.

Use a dose of 1 Gram per 18.9L (5 U.S Gal)

CAUTION:

Fluval Lab Series Phosphate Remover may cause bleaching of some corals if not

administered and monitored properly. Due to the sensitive nature of many invertebrates

such as coral, it is strongly recommended to monitor the aquarium when using

additives and filter media that affects water chemistry.

So thats why i'm a little scared using this stuff? So should i just dose 1Gram per 2 U.S Gal?

I don't have any SPS corals, Only softys (zoa, xenia, mushrooms) and LPS (Frogspawn, Hammerhead, Torch)

Thank You

as far as GFO goes, i've had the best luck starting out with half dosage, then gradually upping it until I use every bit that I have all at the same time.

as far as GFO goes, i've had the best luck starting out with half dosage, then gradually upping it until I use every bit that I have all at the same time.

btw, GFO and Clams don't mix

btw, GFO and Clams don't mix

Bah, I'm using ROWA and 2 clams with no problems. B) It's either that or yucky PhosGuard... =/

Bah, I'm using ROWA and 2 clams with no problems. B) It's either that or yucky PhosGuard... =/

GFO has a very high correlation with PM. nothing proven, but i cannot take any risks with my clams. when i had pm, and i removed the GFO and added more carbon to scrub out the iron, the pm disappeared.

No no, I don't disspell that it contrabutes to PM, but maybe some are more resiliant to it? Or are certain clams more prone to it? Like with you it was your Maxima. I only have croeca clams thus far...

No no, I don't disspell that it contrabutes to PM, but maybe some are more resiliant to it? Or are certain clams more prone to it? Like with you it was your Maxima. I only have croeca clams thus far...

croceas are more prone to PM than maximas ;) i started using my gfo after selling you our dearly departed....but yeah, each clam have their own individual characteristics. just like i am more pwnage in warcraft than anyone on this forum lol

Atlantis Reef

I would live and die by purigen.!!! It is made by Seachem and works like a charm. I have used it since the day it came ou tand it is the only chemical filteration I every use

SeaChem doesn't necessarily make the best products out there. In fact PhosGuard is probably one of the worst phosphate removal pruducts that you can put in your tank because it leaches unacceptable amounts of aluminum into the tank. There's a bit of scientifically tested documentation on this.

Anywho, I have some PuRA here which is another really good Chemi-Pure Elite comparable product.

• 4 weeks later...

i dont have phos issues anymore (added a cheato fuge with submersable light) but when i did, i used the fluval stuff, seamed to work well, but i didnt have any sensitive critters in there until after the cheato fuge

i dont have phos issues anymore (added a cheato fuge with submersable light) but when i did, i used the fluval stuff, seamed to work well, but i didnt have any sensitive critters in there until after the cheato fuge

Scuba is right- refugium is the best thing for nutrient control. Also, dosing kalkwasser will casue Po4 to precipitate. I have a large refugium and I replace all evap with kalkwasser and I have no Po4 issues.

Archived