Pod Your Reef

Type of glue?

emerald chondro

emerald chondro

Just curious I'm going to be fragging some zoas soon and was curious about what type of glue i can use to attatch the zoas onto plugs. Preferably a glue that i can purchase at Home Depot or Lowes. Thanks in advance

circusordie16

just use any old super glue that is cyanoacrylate. the gel kind works best but liquid will work too.

Any brand of cyanoacrilate (?) (SUPER GLUE) GEL will work just fine. It MUST be gel for ease of use -- IME---but any brand works great for me.

Dry the zoa piece (preferably there will be a small piece of rock to glue) and dry the frag plug. Put a drop or 2 of glue on the plug and place it in your tank--that's it!!

I like the loc-tite gel blue and gray bottle....which I got from HD.

LocTite works great but I never get a full use out of a bottle (freezes up) and it's pricey.

I found Generic Super Glue Gel at the .99 Cent Store - 3 tubes for a buck and it works awesome.

Just to make sure this is an appropriate glue/gel right? glue/gel

I'm sorry its just first time and im alittle nervous :blush:

That will work! I use the same product but the cheeper "gel" super glues work the same. I also use aquamend, they sell that at home depot as well around $3.00. I put the super glue gel down, then apply the aquamend, then apply more gel on the other side and attach. The aquamend cures rock hard and is a good filler if your frag or plug isn't exactly flat. Basically you make a sandwich with your gel as the "bread" and the aquamend as the "meats".

No probem. Post some pics if you can! I just attached 5 new corals to my live rock using that method yesterday. It works beautifully plus you can put things upside down, and keep your fish from knocking things over. Using those frag plugs you should have no issues with just using the Gel, but think about picking up that aquamend putty, it's cool stuff, you can even make your own pulgs with it since you form the shape!

Good luck :D

ojyarumaru

Does anyone notice the film that develops on the water surface right after putting a superglued frag into the water?

emerald chondro

well thus far mine hasnt had that film :)

Anyway i got the fragging and glueing done!! Of the 5 frags thus far 4 are already out so i'm pretty excited. the glue worked like a charm and everythings looking good :) Thanks everyone

pics to come in the future

-Schibs

The loc tite gel is way too expensive....I go to dollar tree or the 99 cents store and get 3-4 small tubes for $1.00! Works just as good

Archived