Coral Vue Hydros

Filters? Skimmers?

Kamao

I have this tank http://richelectron.blogspot.com/2007/06/j...8-aquarium.html

What kind of filter do i need? Skimmer?

Ive already startet the tank with water and a big stone. Today i noticed some white algae or something? Is that normal?

I would say that what equipment you need depends on what you intend to put in the tank, whether it will be fish only or fish only with live rock, etc. It would be a good idea to read a decent book on the subject & take it from there.

Only liverock and fish. Nothing more fancy than that.

IMO you wouldn't need a skimmer with regular water changes (weekly or bi-weekly) but there would be others who disagree....there are a lot of different ways of keeping a successful marine tank. I would read the beginners info on this site for some opinions/advice.

Ive read all the stickies in this section, but i cant find any good answer on filters. If you check the link i provided in my first post, you will see pics of the tank that i have and also the pump and filter. Is that one good enough or should buy a new or maybe mod the one that i got?

ojyarumaru

Add some live sand in there, and let it cycle. If you already have a filter, you should get a powerhead for extra circulation. Oh and make sure you clean out the filter medium every couple of days so that pods wont live in it instead of the liverock. Carbon in the filter will make your water clean and clear as long as you're not lazy and will change it out every week. Good luck.

Add some live sand in there, and let it cycle. If you already have a filter, you should get a powerhead for extra circulation. Oh and make sure you clean out the filter medium every couple of days so that pods wont live in it instead of the liverock. Carbon in the filter will make your water clean and clear as long as you're not lazy and will change it out every week. Good luck.

Will a maxijet 400 work fine, or do i need something better?

PaulC: Thanks for the link. :)

Archived