Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

zoanthids won't open

mindaugas

Brian Crook

Hey again, so over the past couple weeks I have now tried dipping the zoa frags in a lugols solution mixture and also in a furan 2 mix.

None of the zoas have opened up, and they are now starting to show signs that they are unhealthy.

I am really at a loss right now and I have no idea why they will not open up.

Please if anyone can suggest anything else I could try, or anything that I may have overlooked, I really dont like the idea of not being able to support zoas in my aquarium.

Here is a picture of my main frag that I have been trying to save, the purple colouration seems to be spreading more rapidly over the zoas.

zoasds1.jpg

On the previous page of this thread you can see two pictures of this same frag and how it looked a couple weeks ago. Its easy to tell that it has gone waaay downhill.

please help!

Get your ph up to 8.4+ with 1-2 tsp kalkwasser in your top-off water (assumiong you are using RO/DI water) and add Kent's iodine daily per directions (4 drops per 50gls) and Kent's moly/stront.

Get your ph up to 8.4+ with 1-2 tsp kalkwasser in your top-off water (assumiong you are using RO/DI water) and add Kent's iodine daily per directions (4 drops per 50gls) and Kent's moly/stront.

I agree with this!! What is your dKH. I have been raising Zoa's for over 10years and I have recognized is they are reactive most to dKH. A good suppliment that helps with Mg, molybdenum and strontium. Good luck. I feel your lighting is fine for what you are trying to do.

Archived