Cultivated Reef

Lets see what you are using to get coraline algae

coralcrazy

coralcrazy

hey guys, i just got a nano cube 6, i never was able to get that good purple algae :(. I am using Kent Marine Liquid aquarium and using reef crystals for salt. I was thinking about using B-Ionic, but how much should i put in for a 6 gallon aquarium. Thanks :)

hey guys, i just got a nano cube 6, i never was able to get that good purple algae :(. I am using Kent Marine Liquid aquarium and using reef crystals for salt. I was thinking about using B-Ionic, but how much should i put in for a 6 gallon aquarium. Thanks :)

I just kept my peramiters in check and the coraline came on it's own. I've heard of peeps using PurpleUp - I hear that it's worked well for a lot of people.

I still wouldn't dose anything you aren't testing for. Doesn't make sense to dose if you don't need it.

Darklyte24

mine seems to grow slow too. its about a little over 3 months now and there is some on the back wall. fish and everything else seems fine though

Mine was slow, then using the advice from this forum. somebody reccommended - B-Ionic Calcium Buffer 2 part solution...

it has taken off since...

I had a lot of growth for a while; I was using B-ionic 2 part and now also (Reef Complete and Tech - M). Then it mostly whitened up.

My calcium fluctuates from 380 - 420 and my mg is about 1250.

I am wondering if it is the MH I've read that coraline likes actinics more.

Obsessed Reefer

Mine goes slow, but I dont dose anything, I think I might start B-Ionic 2Part, it seems to be the favorite.

I have it and wish I wish it didn't grow as fast as it does because im always having to clean the glass. I use a two part to keep my params in check for my nano thats it.

masterbuilder

For the first 4 months or so I didn’t see much either and wanted it...now...I hate the stuff...grows way to fast and is a pain to keep off the glass. I don’t dose anything....just weekly 20% water changes.

I suggest not dosing and just doing frequent water changes, everything you need is in the mix your using.

Just wait and it will happen...unfortunately

and I thought mine grew fast, clownnut very nice tank. I like the open rockwork.

imo if your water quality is maintained it will grow on its own.

mascencerro

Is this growth good:

PICT0538.jpg

PICT0539.jpg

PICT0540.jpg

I know, the pics are dark, but you get the picture.

I use Reef Crystals and maybe a small shot of Reef Complete every couple weeks or so, depending on when things look a little odd. Other than that, I do nothing at all.

I use Reef Crystals for salt mix and I dose B-Ionic Two part solution twice a week. Always worked great in my 55 and is growing like crazy in my BC29 which has only been up for about a month and a half.

Normal water changes.

Once I started dripping kalk in my -not-so-nano tank I can barely keep it off the glass.

i use Kent nano reef 2part calc,buffer.. i just started using it ,no results yet

i've been using this stuff for about 2 months on my new 30g tank, it does help, but dont seem to be too much. last time when i was setting up my other 29g tank, i used b-ionic 2 part, coraline took of much faster as i remember.

So im waiting till I run out of the kent nano 2 part, and going back to B-ionic.

What is the dosing suggestion for B-Ionic 2-Part? Looking at trying some out but unsure of which one would be good for my tank. Also there is not much price difference between the 32 oz or 64 oz. Any suggestions would be appreciated.......

Sorry to hijack the thread, just was looking at marine depot and they don't have the dosing specs listed on the site.

Archived