ReefCleaners.org

Clown & Dottyback or Clown & Royal Gramma

likwid

I'm looking at getting a O. Clown for my tank along with either a bicolor dottyback or a royal gramma. Which of these two do you prefer for a 10g and why?

chrisdamage

I have a true perc and a purple orchid dottyback... they are both really active and fun to watch... I vote the dottyback... you might want to think about a less agressive dottyback though

I have 2 black Ocellaris and a Royal gramma and they do just fine...personally I wouldn't put that dottyback in there with the clown. I think it would get picked on too much. I have always wanted a purple Dottyback but have no where to put him :(

The Bi-color Dottyback (Pseudochromis) has similar coloration to the Royal Gramma right? Just making sure we are on the same page. If I had to choose between the two I would take the RG because it is less aggressive, and almost as hardy IMO. I think the Bicolor would be too territorial in a smaller nano tank like around 20G or less.

chrisdamage
I have 2 black Ocellaris and a Royal gramma and they do just fine...personally I wouldn't put that dottyback in there with the clown. I think it would get picked on too much. I have always wanted a purple Dottyback but have no where to put him :(

well... as the dottyback becomes mature, I'd put money on him being the dominant fish

I have a clown and a royal gramma they are fine in my tank of course no one can go near the clowns torch but other then that they get along fine i like how the gramma hangs out in the holes of the rock upside down sticking his head out its very cool

Archived