SaltCritters.com

Coralife Aqualight Question

Buehler

I am purchasing a new Coralife Aqualight within the next day or two so I am looking for some quick feedback. I am still trying to decide between the Coralife Lunar Aqualight and Coralife Aqualight (without lunar).

I have a couple questions...

1. Are the fans on these units really quiet? If I were in a silent room and my light turned on, would I be able to hear very much of the fans? I own a USA Current Dual Satellite and the fan is relatively loud in a quiet room.

2. What is the difference in the two lights other than the lunar light? The unit without the lunar lights has two fans. Is there a reason for this? I would assume two fans would be louder than one?

Thanks so much!

1) fans are noisy, especially when they get dirty. think computer fan noise. I'm thinking in the neighborhood of ~30db

I also have a satalite dual and fan noise is about equal between the 2 fixtures

2) the lunar light is the difference. I have a 20" 96w quad and it has 2 fans, and a 36" 2x96 watt which also has 2 fans. neither has lunar lights built in. fixtures really need more/stronger fans, becasue on both my lights the acrylic protecting the bulbs has bowed due to heat.

hope that helps

I am purchasing a new Coralife Aqualight within the next day or two so I am looking for some quick feedback. I am still trying to decide between the Coralife Lunar Aqualight and Coralife Aqualight (without lunar).

I have a couple questions...

1. Are the fans on these units really quiet? If I were in a silent room and my light turned on, would I be able to hear very much of the fans? I own a USA Current Dual Satellite and the fan is relatively loud in a quiet room.

2. What is the difference in the two lights other than the lunar light? The unit without the lunar lights has two fans. Is there a reason for this? I would assume two fans would be louder than one?

Thanks so much!

Archived