SaltCritters.com

TEST FIRE! HOLY CRAP! new setup with pics!

SALINITY

steelerguy

Is that tank located close to where you will be watching TV or sleeping? If so you might want to reconsider the PanWorld and go with a Velocity. They are made by the same people, the Velocity runs hotter but is silent. I found the Pan World to be too noisy for my living room where I will be watching TV. The added heat would not be an issue if you use a chiller but could be if you don't. Then again...those lights are going to cause some heat also. If I were you, I would just suck it up and get a chiller now so you can plumb it all up before you have the tank running.

Is that tank located close to where you will be watching TV or sleeping? If so you might want to reconsider the PanWorld and go with a Velocity. They are made by the same people, the Velocity runs hotter but is silent. I found the Pan World to be too noisy for my living room where I will be watching TV. The added heat would not be an issue if you use a chiller but could be if you don't. Then again...those lights are going to cause some heat also. If I were you, I would just suck it up and get a chiller now so you can plumb it all up before you have the tank running.

The tank will be located in the TV room in the basement on the very opposite end of the room from where the TV is located, the basement stays very cool and our summers are not terribly hot where I live (Vancouver, B.C.)

You do have a good point though, it would be much easier to hook up a chiller right at the beginning. I will have to put some thought into that. My budget is only so big so I do have to prioratize to some extent. -_-

TX!

I need some suggestions on RO/DI purification units, I plan on one being plumbed into my ATO setup in the garage.

I need some suggestions on RO/DI purification units, I plan on one being plumbed into my ATO setup in the garage.

Has anyone had experience with the auto shut-off with the RO/DI units. I plan on hooking it directly into my ATO resevoir.

Glad to hear that website worked out for you.

You probably have ordered the camera already but if you haven't make sure you call Dell or whoever makes your computer to ask them if your video card will handle this camera.

Pricewatch is good for prices but they sometimes don't warn you about the details of whether or not the component will work with your systems specifications.

just a heads up.

Good luck and I hope to see your website up soon.

zerocool5878
RK_PC2.jpg

Wait can you get probs for this to monitor all these like ak, cal, salinity, ect.

I know they have ph, orp, and temp.

Or is this just a spot in the software that you can input these in yourself.

Wait can you get probs for this to monitor all these like ak, cal, salinity, ect.

I know they have ph, orp, and temp.

Or is this just a spot in the software that you can input these in yourself.

The log section at the bottom of the screenshot is for user entries, it cannot keep track of Ca, Mg, etc.

Very cool though!

Glad to hear that website worked out for you.

You probably have ordered the camera already but if you haven't make sure you call Dell or whoever makes your computer to ask them if your video card will handle this camera.

Pricewatch is good for prices but they sometimes don't warn you about the details of whether or not the component will work with your systems specifications.

just a heads up.

Good luck and I hope to see your website up soon.

Thanks, according to the requirements and details of the camera it should work just fine with my Dell (good guess!), I hope others will that are purchasing a Reefkeeper2 or already have one also hop on board and broadcast their own aquarium!!

B)

• 3 weeks later...

Thr build continues! I have made a custom lid for the tank that has 5 bulkheads for returns. Four of the returns are for my new Ocean Motion Squirt, and one is for my sump return that will hook into a spray bar directed at the bottom of the tank.

Enjoy the pics, any advice, critisism, etc welcome!

All bulkheads and custom Acrylic lid installed, perfect fit! Four 1/2" bulkheads and one 3/4" bulkhead return for the sump.

ImportedPhotos00089.jpg

Underside view!

ImportedPhotos00090.jpg

Custom removable cover in black acrylic to avoid algae growth in the overflow box.

ImportedPhotos00091.jpg

Same picture with the access lid removed!

ImportedPhotos00087.jpg

Thats it for now! Stay tuned for the new sump due to arrive in a couple of days. Then the PVC maze of plumbing begins.

Okay! I have now purchased my closed loop plumbing combination! My setup is going to look just like the plumbing setup below originally designed by Oogie from the board.

plumb03.jpg

Great tank design! Oogie's cube was also the inspiration for the canopy-return system I designed for my 20L. Check out my thread linked in the sig....

Great tank design! Oogie's cube was also the inspiration for the canopy-return system I designed for my 20L. Check out my thread linked in the sig....

Actually, I have already been following your thread! I think your tank looks great! I think the build is probly one of the best parts for people like us!

Cheers!

great looking tank. i need to update my firmware for my RK2 to get this myReef application. looks pretty cool! can't wait to see your webcam in action!

Update!

Spent an hour in Home Depot this morning sorting through all of thr PVC I needed for the plumbing job! I still have to go back anf buy some more! Anyways, here are some photos of the plumbing that I have roughed in so far. Nothing is glued yet....

Also notice my new sump built by Doss at acrylicsumps.com, this sump is great and exactly what I asked for, thanks Doss!

ImportedPhotos00117.jpg

This is the closed loop intake (missing one intake screen)

ImportedPhotos00116.jpg

This is an inside shot showing the nozzles and direction.

ImportedPhotos00115.jpg

This picture shows how I plumbed in the Ocean Motion Squirt. All of the plumbing will be hidden once the tank is placed in the corner of the room in my new house.

ImportedPhotos00114.jpg

This picture shows the drain line for water changes connected to the inlet of the closed loop to the pump, the other line is the return.

ImportedPhotos00113.jpg

This picture shows the plumbing through the custom acrylic lid, I will be painting all of this plumbing using black Krylon plastic paint.

ImportedPhotos00111.jpg

Here is a picture of the Panworld pump that will be powering this madness!

ImportedPhotos00112.jpg

Here is the custom sump that fits snuggly into my stand, I still have to construct the plenum in refugium and install the skimmer and return pump.......

ImportedPhotos00105.jpg

Last but not least, this is my low tech work station that I a using for all of this plumbing.

That's all for now!

• 4 weeks later...

Some new pics with everything setup and transfered form the NC12! Enjoy!

ImportedPhotos00011.jpg

ImportedPhotos00007.jpg

ImportedPhotos00006.jpg

ImportedPhotos00019.jpg

ImportedPhotos00015.jpg

ImportedPhotos00014.jpg

ImportedPhotos00013.jpg

ImportedPhotos00012.jpg

ImportedPhotos00004.jpg

My lighting is a 250W Sunpod Pheonix 14K DE bulb and a 80W Orbit PC Dual daylight and dual Actinic. 330W over 35G, 24" tall.

ImportedPhotos00022.jpg

Someone tell me what skimmer I should get! I have a small area in the sump that is about 9x10 with a water level of about 11-1/2" deep. What skimmer should I get? My AquaC is too big!

:huh:

nice work......im guessing a tunze skimmer......they are more squared to fit in that compartment....u can search through skimmers to fit that footprint.....even the cheaper ones off ebay will work...but u will need to modd it.....mostly do a meshmod on the impeller and open up the air intake....works pretty well..

Looks like a 9005 is in your future, or even a 9010.

I will have to research these Tunze skimmers, will they pull out more than my AquaC Urchin? Any first hand reviews from anyone?

• 4 weeks later...

Amazing tank man! Those dual sunpods are gonna get hot!! I got a sunpod 12 inches off the top of my 10g nano, and it raises the temp about 3 degrees WITH a fan blowing across the water.

Amazing tank man! Those dual sunpods are gonna get hot!! I got a sunpod 12 inches off the top of my 10g nano, and it raises the temp about 3 degrees WITH a fan blowing across the water.

I will update with more pics soon!!! This tank rocks!! My tank temp stays at about 81.5 to 82.5 max, my reefkeeper keeps good tabs on the temperature with a good heater and micro fans.

Archived