flushing ro

BrassMonkey030

BrassMonkey030

hello!!!!!! i lost the directions for my corallife ro unit. when should i flush the membrane, and how is it done. thanx

RayWhisperer

I have a Kent, but I'd imagine it's the same.

DO NOT PUT IN THE DI RESIN!!!!!

Hook it all up, run 2 to 5 gallons worth of RO water through. This should take care of it. Now you can install your DI resin.

RayWhisperer

I think it's time I start charging for all the good advise I dole out. You can PM me for the paypal addy. Thank you for your business.

;)

I have a Kent, but I'd imagine it's the same.

DO NOT PUT IN THE DI RESIN!!!!!

Hook it all up, run 2 to 5 gallons worth of RO water through. This should take care of it. Now you can install your DI resin.

How do you run RO water through your unit if it's not pressurized?

RayWhisperer

Hook everything up without the DI resin. It'll pressurize without the DI resin installed.

I'll give you that one for free, since it was tacked on to the existing question.

BrassMonkey030

let me try again mr peanut.

i have had the system for around 14 months. when should i flush the membrane and how is it done.

just purchased a typhoon III an hour ago, but, hey still would like to know.

RayWhisperer

Oh, I got ya.... Umm, I don't recall a specific time. I do mine about every 200 gallons produced. It's probably too often, I know. I really don't care though. I usually do it for 2 to 5 minutes.

I'll drop the charges for this one....... Just this time though.

HecticDialectics
let me try again mr peanut.

i have had the system for around 14 months. when should i flush the membrane and how is it done.

just purchased a typhoon III an hour ago, but, hey still would like to know.

I've heard you should do it for a minute or two after every time you use the unit... I've also heard that flush valves don't really do all that much to help flush the membrane. So eh, whenever you feel like it? :P

^^^I've read the same about them pretty much being ineffective (on melevsreef.com), but I use it for 30 seconds/week anyways since I use the Typhoon and it came with it.

Archived