Pod Your Reef

1/2 gallon pico

sdunkin

Yeah I know what you mean! Its hard to find corals that are small enough. One really good website for stuff that would fit perfectly in your tank would be seacrop.com

Let me know what you think!

Yeah I know what you mean! Its hard to find corals that are small enough. One really good website for stuff that would fit perfectly in your tank would be seacrop.com

Let me know what you think!

Thanks! That is a good site! :D I am thinking now of doing one ricordea and then a couple zoas, and see how that goes.

Another update: All of the tank params are normal, so I added a jade hermit crab and a cerith snail to the tank. I also added a small pouch of purigen to the HOB. Everything seems to be doing well. I decided that I am going to order my corals from sealifeinc.net, and I am planning on getting one assorted ric and a couple blue zoas.

Glad to hear your experiment is going well. Mine's seem to be ok. Since I took everything out of my main tank I only waited a few days to put some zoa in. I also droped in a small piece of gsp and a few shrooms. The zoa are opening everyday, the gsp never opened and the shrooms haven't opened either. I also through in 2 red leg hermits 2 days ago and they seem to be doing fine. I test every few days and every thing seems to be testing normal except my nitrates, and even that is at 15. I'll have to take a picture soon and get my thread going.

Well, I went ahead and set up the other 1/2 gallon that I had today. I did the same with it as the first one, and used live sand and cycled tank water. I am going to have to go buy some more LR this week to put in it, as I don't have any more small pieces in my larger tank to just move over. Everything in the first one is testing normal, and I will probably order some corals in the next week or two (depending on how the 2nd one cycles).

I went to all of the fish stores in the town that I live in, and I couldn't believe the prices. One of them wanted $40 for a single red mushroom!!! At those prices, it will be a LOT cheaper for me just to order them. Plus, I will probably get better specimens.

Archived