SaltCritters.com

Update on my Bio 29

Obi Juan kenobi

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Obi Juan kenobi
Your tank was beautiful but now it is just awesome.

Thanks SPANKO just went through a move and luckily everything survived. :D

tank is looking sweet as always

Glad to hear that you made it thru the move with no issues

It will be interesting to see how the tanks responds to the new light. Keep the updates and pics coming!

Obi Juan kenobi
tank is looking sweet as always

Glad to hear that you made it thru the move with no issues

It will be interesting to see how the tanks responds to the new light. Keep the updates and pics coming!

I will keep all you guys posted.

Hi, just got my tank and only water in it for now. I have tons of questions as the biocube info is really lacking. Like what is the upgrade (4.36) and where do you get it.? I am so frustrated as right from the beginning the factory included faulty installation instructions - they admitted that some tanks went out with the wrong info and lucky me - I got one. When you say "Ive got my heater in the 1st chamber and its widened , I have the CPR skimmer in the second chamber, Ive got chemipure in the 3rd chamber. " I am not sure I understand. Looking at the tank, would the ist chamber be on the left and so on? What do you mean by "it's widened"? and what is chemipure ?and the factory told me to put a skimmer in the far right chamber - also - what type of protein skimmer is best and where does it really go? Thanks for any help any of you can give this newbie. Lenny

Obi Juan kenobi
Hi, just got my tank and only water in it for now. I have tons of questions as the biocube info is really lacking. Like what is the upgrade (4.36) and where do you get it.? I am so frustrated as right from the beginning the factory included faulty installation instructions - they admitted that some tanks went out with the wrong info and lucky me - I got one. When you say "Ive got my heater in the 1st chamber and its widened , I have the CPR skimmer in the second chamber, Ive got chemipure in the 3rd chamber. " I am not sure I understand. Looking at the tank, would the ist chamber be on the left and so on? What do you mean by "it's widened"? and what is chemipure ?and the factory told me to put a skimmer in the far right chamber - also - what type of protein skimmer is best and where does it really go? Thanks for any help any of you can give this newbie. Lenny

Lets see where to start. the chambers in the back go from right to left when your looking at the tank from the front. That means that chamber 1 is the chamber where the water leaves the tank into the back part. I widened chamber 1 by taking some dikes and taking out a bigger chunk so that more water can pass from chamber 1 to 2. I removed the false floor in chamber 1 with a screwdriver. The false floor is the piece if you look into chamber 1 you'll see a grate half way down, I inserted the screwdriver twisted and pulled this is done so that you get more flow from chamber 1 to 2 and so your heater will fit in there so its not in the display area. In chamber 2 I have a Cpr skimmer that fits right into chamber 2 again this is totally up to you some people have skimmers some people leave bio balls some people have LR up to you wht you do. Chemi-Pure is a type of carbon that comes in a mesh bag that I have in chamber 3. With this hobby nothing is right or wrong it just involves alot of reading and figuring what will work for you. If you want pics of the mods that Ive done just type in tealcobra in the search forum part and you will see all the mods that can be done. Oh welcome to the BC crew and NR and happy reefing. Oh the 4.36 upgrade is bought through nanotuners.com and it adds two more bulbs to your stock hood.

• 2 weeks later...
Obi Juan kenobi
Hey Ness, sorry for the uninformed question but what is the coral on the substrate in the front left corner?

No worries Spanko thats my Frogspawn ever since its been under MH its color has changed. I actually have a whole separate piece around the corner of the tank its like 8 or 9 heads total.

That is amazing! I don't think I have ever seen a frog with so many ends on each tentacle. Is the color washed out a little in the picture from the lights or camera settings or is the pic true to color?

tank is looking sweet, bet everyone in the tank is loving the new light

The frogspawn looks alot like my octopus frogspawn, is that what it is?

Obi Juan kenobi

Not washed out thats pretty much its color Spanko. Tudizzle to be honest dont know what type of FS it is it was more brown under the PC lighting and now under the MH its color has gotten more flourescent green.

Obi Juan kenobi
Nice....love the new add on fuge. How has it been working so far? Any problems?

No probs at all yet everything is workin fine

No probs at all yet everything is workin fine

Just stopping by to say your tank looks lovely. I've been pondering adding an aquafuge too and just can't decide if it is worth it. May I ask why you chose to add a refugium? Also, was it pretty easy to install or was a bunch of pluming work required?

Thx! :)

z

Obi Juan kenobi
Just stopping by to say your tank looks lovely. I've been pondering adding an aquafuge too and just can't decide if it is worth it. May I ask why you chose to add a refugium? Also, was it pretty easy to install or was a bunch of pluming work required?

Thx! :)

z

Thanks for the compliment. Ive been researching sumps and fuges for awhile and was originally gonna do a under tank one until I found the Aquafuge. As to why I chose it I wanted to keep chateo and didnt want it in my tank. As far as installing it, it was super easy, it fit in chamber 1 and 3. The only thing I didnt like was it was a little noisy on the return so I headed down to Home Depot and got an extension for the return hose so that the water wouldn't be falling into the 3rd chamber from higher up.

Archived