Top Shelf Aquatics

*** PetSolutions.com ***

adinsxq

Were you able to find the solution at PetSolutions.com?

Post your review of this vendor here!

nano_reef_banner.gif

recently bough canister, koralias, and a satellite and i'm happy with their prices and shipping fees. Probably cheaper than marinedepot and liveaquaria (in some articles. Shipping for sure) great customer service too

Little_Lisa_Reefer

I placed an order with petsolutions.com for a chiller. Not only did my chiller arrived completely broken (the box was filled with leaking coolant) BUT when I tried to call customer service, they had a terrible attitude and were unwilling to help me. The chiller I ordered was out of stock and they were not even willing to offer any help with a different replacement chiller. They told me to wait two weeks and that was it. I waited a week for this thing to arrive and my tank (which has about $2,000 invested in it) is currently at 85 degrees. The customer service representative even tried to blame the broken chiller on me saying that California is far away from Ohio (where they ship from) I mean come on, I've order stuff from China and it has arrived without a single dent on the box.

I will never order from these people ever again. Completely ridiculous.

crazinezz978

actually, i was curious about them too. Anyone have any experience buying fish from them?

i dont like theyre alive arrive guarantee tho. I bought 3 yellow tangs from them and two of them arrived dead. I talked to them and they wouldnt refund my money, but rather gave me credit. Since i was probably not gonna buy from them again, i found that pointless.

petsolutions

I hope you don't mind me dropping in a reply. I'm much not in the loop on returns of supplies, I primarily handle live items. Normally we get an awful lot of positive feedback from folks.

Little Lisa Reefer, it's my understanding from our customer service folks that you spoke to them last night and that they sent UPS to pick up the chiller, and refunded your money right away so that you wouldn't have to wait for two weeks for more of that model chiller to arrive here at our warehouse. I'm sorry the situation left you unhappy with us us, but if you would like to give it another chance, our tech Don will be in on Wednesday and I'm sure he can suggest other alternatives.

crazinezz, if you had the bodies of the deceased items to return or a photograph of them, a credit back to your card shouldn't have been an issue. If you would like to talk with me about it, please feel free to give me a call or drop me an email, and I'll see what I can do to help you.

I read the forums here and even post, I'm just a fellow hobbyist who happens to be lucky enough to work for a company I really believe in and in an industry I love. :)

If you email me through my profile on the forum, it should go to my work email address or you can call me at our 800 number (800-737-3868).

John

Petsolutions

Live Deliveries Manager

Right on John...

Gotta like sponsors such as your self to help clear up problems ppl have...seems theirs always the other side

of the story we never get.

I had a fellow coworker (she moved to another hospital a couple of weeks back) that swears by PetSolutions and buys everything from yall...including healthy livestock from her experiences.

I recommended the 36 inch Sunpod to her for their 50 gal...I explainded to her about the dual 150 watt Phoenix 14 k that come in fixture...they LOVE it, which she ordered from yall with no issues.

Thks again for chimming in.

Izzue

Little_Lisa_Reefer

good customer service? why then when I sent an e-mail about how RUDE your employees were to me that I never even recieved a response? again, completely unsatisfied.

So far I've ordered from them twice and both times they've screwed up my order.

The first time my mother placed an order for me as a gift and they didn't include my light so they refunded her.

This time they sent me the wrong light, I ordered a DUAL satellite and they sent me the single version. Here's the kicker... I call they're 800 number at 6.55pm to get this fixed but couldn't find my shipping receipt to give them the acct number and asked the ladie to hold on a minute, she asked me to call back when I found it. I found it under some packing material a couple minutes later and called back at 7.02pm and that dept had closed!

My tank will be in the dark for another week or two now, so far I wouldn't advise anyone to use them.

An update to the terrible service from petsolutions.com...

I called again the next morning to get things straightened out and this time the person tried to tell me I had the correct light in my hand, that I didn't understand the way Current USA fixtures were built. That even though its a 2x18w light there is only 1 bulb. I called them on the load of bulls~@t and demanded to speak to a supervisor and was placed on hold without being told as much then after 5-7 minutes was disconnected.

When I called again I got someone named Christine and she tried to get me to keep the light I had been shipped! I refused stating that it is not what I needed, ordered, or paid for and only then did she offer to refund the difference in price. Once I demanded the correct light they wanted me to pay for shipping the correct one out and the wrong one back or to pay for the one I'd received and they'd ship the correct one for free. After demanding a supervisor again the woman agreed to ship the correct one for free and send a UPS sticker to ship the other back at no expense to me...

The owner of a LFS says they only seem to care about customers if they're ordering thousands of dollars worth of merchandise all the time. I'll never order from them again. I'll use drs. forster and smith and pay the few dollars more here and there for better service and the correct order the first time, I've ordered from them half a dozen times without an error. BOO petsolutions!

petsolutions

My area of expertise is the live items, but I'll make sure I print out any feedback listed here for the customer service manager so she can check into it. I know as far as my live orders go I care as much about a customer who orders $20 in fish as much as I care about a customer who orders $2000 in fish, and I know the folks in the call center working on the supplies do as well. While I am sure the gentleman at your local fish store means well, he is in competition against us as a business.

Out of the thousands of boxes that leave our warehouse each week, there are occasionally issues that occur as with any business and I know our customer service folks do their level best to rectify those situations to the best of their ability. If you are having issues getting a response on an email, please feel free to send the issue to me and I'll pass it on to the appropriate person here at work. I know that the emails to our general mailboxes are read daily and responded to. My direct email is liveinfo@petsolutions.com and I answer my emails daily, except on weekends when I'm not at work.

Best Wishes,

John

Live Deliveries Manager

Petsolutions

I've ordered from PS 3 times, and never once had an issue. All tracking numbers sent to me promptly and everything shipped out the next day in most cases. Never once received a wrong order, and I've done a couple $100+ orders when I place them. I too live in So Cali, but i'd say in the case of the chiller it was probably the shipping company that broke it, though I always feel it IS up to either the place of purchast, or the product manufacture to replace the item FREE of charge if it arrives DOA. But I like PS and they also stock a few items I've gotten that neither DrFS, or MD.com stock.

• 3 weeks later...

Ive ordered from them three times already and have not had an issue.

They have the best shipping prices on the net!

10.99 to ship 56lbs of Oceanic Reef salt!

They are on sale right now for 39.99 plus shipping for the 200 gallon salt bucket O' Death

• 1 month later...

I'm very sorry to see PS taking such a beating here. I've ordered from them quite a few times. They had better prices and shipping costs than most of the other popular sites around here. Everything arrived quickly and worked great.

I have never had problems and will continue to reccomend PS to my friends.

• 4 weeks later...

I ordered 90% of my stuff from them... I even had part of a shipment missing and PS shipped it right out to me no hassle. They are great IMO, $400+ free shipping w/ a bucket of salt... you really cant beat that. I'm thinking about ordering fish from them cuz my LFS's have nothing in stock and i have to wait a while for them to oreder new stuff or take horrible care of the fish.

I hate to see them take this beating. I order about everything from them, and I have never once had an issue with them, and will continue to order from them.

Has anyone ordered LR from them?

There live rock is drop shipped to them in 50lb boxes. According to what I was told by their operations manager its not uncommon for the boxes to sit out of water for a week or two until someone buys it.

• 2 weeks later...

About a week ago I ordered a 1 x 18 Current Satellite fixture from them via Ebay. Shortly after I recieved a confirmation email stating that the item was on backorder. I checked their website to find that it was indeed on backorder. Having sold more than a few items in my days on Ebay, I would never expect to sell someone an item that I didn't have. So I sent an email to PS stating what had happened, and my issue (the light is replacing a fixture that went out...so my tank is full of corals, and no light) I received a prompt email this morning stating that they would send my the 2 x 18 fixture as a substitution. While I wasn't pleased with them listing an item they have on backorder (I know it can happen), I was very pleased with the prompt and polite customer service, as well as the speedy (she said it would ship out today) shipping, and willingness to substitute the item. This is my first order with PS and so far, I'm very pleased with the customer service, SNAFU aside.

Received another order today from PS, 160 gal Red Sea Pro salt and two impeller for AC filters. They only charged me the standard shipping even with a 40lb bucket of salt. :P

monkeytrumpets

I've ordered from PS twice and everything arrived exactly as ordered, well packaged, and in great shape. All of my orders usually shipped the next day. I placed another order Thursday, and I'm sure I'll be very pleased with it as well. Overall, I couldn't be happier with them, and I plan to continue ordering from them.

I've ordered from them twice in the past 3 weeks. One very large live order and a pretty large equipment order. All of the fish were perfectly healthy and packaged great. They're finishing QT right now and going into the big tanks tonight. Shipping was quick and well packaged on both orders. I'll order from them again. You also can't beat the free shipping on orders $199 or over. Unlike other places, if you choose to upgrade your free shipping, they only charge you the difference of your chosen upgrade and the standard shipping. Some places make you pay full price for the upgraded shipping and you lose what would've been free.

I was very pleased with both of my petsolutions experiences.

• 1 month later...

Petsolutions.com is AWESOME! I bought a BC29 about 2 months ago from them & about a moth later the back of the tank cracked. I called them & got absolutely no hassles. Within 3 business days I had a brand new tank, no shipping charges, no return of the cracked tank needed. I will definately buy again! GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!! :D

Archived