Pod Your Reef

FS: Custom Built Vista Ready PC

121a

Yeah... this is crazy... No wonder they where willing to pay that much for that machine. It was funny money!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it still hasant arrived at a FedEx location.

whatever you do make sure you keep on Fedex's A$$ about it. Are your parents aware also?

Man i was debating selling my laptop now I will sell it through the local paper if i do

I sell on Craigs List all the time... The nigerian e-mails aren't hard to spot.

Just deal wtih cash or make sure the payment has cleared before you send the merchandise.

I contacted FedEx for the third time and they have the package and it is not being delivered to the address. So I'm quite happy now. Yes my parents were totally aware of the whole thing. My mom is out $82.50 for shipping and packaging fees but she said a small price to pay for a big lesson learned. I totally agree. When this thing is posted on ebay when i get it back, if you mention your a nano-reef member and shoot me a PM to confirm it, I'll give you a discount and some free software.

glad to hear it's been grabbed. There's no need to even inform the fraudulent buyer. Just cut off all contact with them.

I called FedEx today and they said it needs to go to the warehouse that it will be delivered from then it will be shipped back.

jamesnmandy

gotta love Nigerian Businessmen....LOL

i cant believe you fell for that crap.....Craigslist is ate up with it, 90% of the responses you will get will be scams, you just have to be smart about it......

i was trying to sell a PC on there a long time ago, had several of them contact me wanting to send a USPS Postal money order and arrange for shipping, but i saw right through that crap, i know what happens next, they pick up PC, i deposit money order, three weeks later my bank contacts me and says the money order is no good, guy gets my PC and i have to pay back bank

very old scam man.....you're trying too hard or too desperate if you fell for this

Ok, i learned my lesson, i had a major blonde moment.

I need to sell this computer so give me a holler if interested.

Price-$1630 for everything.

$1595.00

a used computer will not fetch that kind of money. sell it on ebay! Sell to paypal members only, accept paypal only. Also only accept bids and payment from people who are registered in the USA. Last but not least, if you do get paid via paypal, login into your paypal account through your internet browser to confirm funds are in your account.

no, Corsair is usually used for gaming applications. I use there memory in every one of my computers and never had any problems.

talking about scaming, anyone interest in getting some of this money ? I got this e-mail today.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am Mr. Charles Brandon, Head branch officer of Banco de Euro. I am contacting you concerning a deceased client of ours by the name John Allen and an investment he placed under our banks management three years ago. I Would respectfully request that you keep the contents of this mail confidential and respect the integrity of the information you come by as a result of this mail.

Mr. Allen was an American Oil consultant/contractor with the Chinese Solid Minerals Corporation made a Fixed Deposit of the sum of US$8,000,000.00 (Eight Million United States Dollars) which has accumulated to the sum of about US$15,500,000.00(Fifteen Million five hundred thousand US dollars) over the years. Mr. Allen lost his life in an automobile accident along with his family. On furtherinvestigation, I found out that he died without making a WILL, and all attempts to trace his next of kin has been fruitless. I therefore made further investigation and discovered that Mr. Allen did not declare any kin or relations in all his official documents, including his Bank Deposit paperwork in my Bank. The sum of US$15,500,000.00 is still sitting in my Bank and the interest is being rolled over with the principal sum at the end of each year. No one will ever come forward to claim it.

The bank has issued me a notice to provide the next of kin or have the account liquidated within the next twenty one official working days. My proposal is that I want you to stand in as the next of kin of Mr. Allen, so that the fruits of this old man's labour will not get into the hands of some group of corrupt government officials.

All I require is your honest co-operation to enable us see this deal through. I guarantee that this will be executed under legitimatearrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law.

Looking forward to your swift reply.

Truly yours,

Charles .G. Brandon

Send your reply to charles-brandon@excite.com

I'm sorry, but for a 'gaming' computer 1GB is crap :/

Are you expecting to get every cent back from what you paid?

I spend $2000 on mine about 5mo ago, and probably couldn't get $1100 for it now

I said this before and he didnt believe me. Your parts are a few years old , you might get 500 bucks at best. And youre trying to charge 500 bucks for a mouse,keyboard , speakers and 17 inch monitor , thats crazy. Especially with no warranties on the parts.

talking about scaming, anyone interest in getting some of this money ? I got this e-mail today.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am Mr. Charles Brandon, Head branch officer of Banco de Euro. I am contacting you concerning a deceased client of ours by the name John Allen and an investment he placed under our banks management three years ago. I Would respectfully request that you keep the contents of this mail confidential and respect the integrity of the information you come by as a result of this mail.

Mr. Allen was an American Oil consultant/contractor with the Chinese Solid Minerals Corporation made a Fixed Deposit of the sum of US$8,000,000.00 (Eight Million United States Dollars) which has accumulated to the sum of about US$15,500,000.00(Fifteen Million five hundred thousand US dollars) over the years. Mr. Allen lost his life in an automobile accident along with his family. On furtherinvestigation, I found out that he died without making a WILL, and all attempts to trace his next of kin has been fruitless. I therefore made further investigation and discovered that Mr. Allen did not declare any kin or relations in all his official documents, including his Bank Deposit paperwork in my Bank. The sum of US$15,500,000.00 is still sitting in my Bank and the interest is being rolled over with the principal sum at the end of each year. No one will ever come forward to claim it.

The bank has issued me a notice to provide the next of kin or have the account liquidated within the next twenty one official working days. My proposal is that I want you to stand in as the next of kin of Mr. Allen, so that the fruits of this old man's labour will not get into the hands of some group of corrupt government officials.

All I require is your honest co-operation to enable us see this deal through. I guarantee that this will be executed under legitimatearrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law.

Looking forward to your swift reply.

Truly yours,

Charles .G. Brandon

Send your reply to charles-brandon@excite.com

Trust me, people fall for it. The scammers aren't trying to get everyone to fall for it. They're happy if they get 1 out of 1,000. All they do is send out a mass e-mail and wait for a reply. They send you a fake check, you deposit it into your account, then you go to a store and send a wire transfer to them from your account and they're thousands of dollars richer and that fake check that you deposited gets reversed and you're out 2 times as much as you sent across seas.

I work at a bank and I've seen it happen before. Just this past Friday somebody came in with a fake U.S. Postal Money Order that they received from somebody on-line when they sold their electronics on-line.

Archived