Top Shelf Aquatics

Certh Snail, and WTH?

Jackopus

I just watched these two seperate, I tried to get them as they were joined..

post-28259-1183432687_thumb.jpg

post-28259-1183432710_thumb.jpg

I have never seen anything so wierd...

and what is the wavy thing coming out of my rock?

post-28259-1183432743_thumb.jpg

I have two of these things in my tank. They were really timid at first but now they roam all over the place. They seem to be harmless. They feed on algae on the glass and rocks. I think they are some kind of slug. As far as the wavy thing I have no idea.

yeah it seems pretty harmless, semi-soft shell on the back...

the wavy thing has a mouth in the center, like a coral, but I have no clue

after my crash two week ago, I washed the rocks, and all kinds of fun things have popped out....

yes, they can be just about any color under the sun....errr artificial 'light source' WHOO pun at 12:17 !

^^cute pic, RudyP!

Jackopus--I'm not seeing any cerith in your pics...

Ok.... not sure what that snail is.... I asked for Certh, my wife picked them up on saturday for me....

Joe Juice? is that a brand? I couldn't find anything at the LFS, and they gave me that really scared look. Like bambi in the headlights.....

go to shoppers drug mart or a local drug store and ask for a syringe .. please explain to them that you are using it to kill a pest anemone in a saltwater tank (so they don't think your on drugs) .. and fill it with boiling water ... judging by your pic it is only on the liverock so you don't have to worry about damaging coral near by .. just take the syringe place the needle in the aptasia and release the boiling water into it ... or get joe's juice

go to shoppers drug mart or a local drug store and ask for a syringe .. please explain to them that you are using it to kill a pest anemone in a saltwater tank (so they don't think your on drugs) .. and fill it with boiling water ... judging by your pic it is only on the liverock so you don't have to worry about damaging coral near by .. just take the syringe place the needle in the aptasia and release the boiling water into it ... or get joe's juice

Your, Your, Your, the DUDE!

Yeah, the LFS thinks I'm on drugs when I asked for "Joes Juice" :lol:

I have a box of medical stuff, EMT-P from my USMC days...

I was tempted to hack it out, but I thought I would ask here before I got stupid....

I have another in my 40, I think when I got my LR out of my nc24, when My system crashed, and threw it in there, it spread....

SO I may have a bigger problem growing, in both tanks...

Some people have luck with peppermint shrimp controlling aptasia, could prove useful if you start finding it popping up all over the place.

Some people have luck with peppermint shrimp controlling aptasia, could prove useful if you start finding it popping up all over the place.

Noted: ;)

I may tear down the 40 anyway, I want a new refug for it. It is a fowlr system .. kind of ..

It has been my rescue tank for a year now.. :lol:

proraptor2

Stomatellas are the best algae eaters for any tank.....Not to mention they haul but when they move especially if there is a predator in the tank

I can't vouch for Joe's Juice... never used it. But I have used boiling water in the past and it worked like a charm. I have a peppermint in my tank now and he cleared out 2 med sized and about half a dozen small aiptasia in one night. After he cleared them out he went to picking at the LR and I'll toss a little mysis in there for him since I don't have a fish to feed in the tank right now. He's doing great and adds a lot of personality to the tank. So it's not like if you get one he'll become useless after the aiptasia are gone. Just my 2 cents.

I used Aiptasia stop, or stop aiptasia which ever - made by Chem-Marin, using a needle, I placed it inside the mouth, and it swelled with the lime green fluid ( the Aiptasia stop ) it died instantly turning inside itself, I used a turkey baster 2 hours later, and it came right off the lr

Archived