Coral Vue Hydros

Help! Baby Snails Everywhere!

vabchreef

Hey All!

Please help!

I came home from work today and found ALOT of baby snails in the tank. I stopped counting at 30 but thats just what was on the glass.

What should I do!

Hey All!

Please help!

I came home from work today and found ALOT of baby snails in the tank. I stopped counting at 30 but thats just what was on the glass.

What should I do!

Be excited that you seem to have what is a breeding population of snails in your system - What do they look like?

Obsessed Reefer

Could you be mistaking them for pods? But yea, why would you worry about baby snails, I had a not, but they got eaten by my crabs, now I only have about 7 baby snails left.

Could you be mistaking them for pods? But yea, why would you worry about baby snails, I had a not, but they got eaten by my crabs, now I only have about 7 baby snails left.

Hey! Thanks for the info... just concerned cause there are sooooo many.

Hey! Thanks for the info... just concerned cause there are sooooo many.

I have a lot as well and they come and go.

I hate them when they went into my Hydor FLO and stuck in there. Other than that, i don't see any problem.

Guess there's not much cause for concern based on everyone's comments... I just was worried of this throwing off some kind of balance in the tank. They are definitely snails not pods (I have a lot of those too)....

neanderthalman

look up colonista snails.

film algae grazers, like mini-turbos. They're probably what you have.

look up colonista snails.

film algae grazers, like mini-turbos. They're probably what you have.

probably, I do have 2 turbo grazers that I've had for a couple months now... Check my sig for the types I have... def. not the bumble bees, not the margaritas either... As I mentioned, I added the turbo grazers about 3 months ago, and a trochus about 4 weeks ago...

mikeandjenn99

consider yourself lucky...most people have to buy snails! lol. seriously, don't sweat it. They'll either regulate them selves, or if you have any crabs, they'll get regulated.

Archived