Coral Vue Hydros

Definition: Lighting Time

lastduke

I did research in this forum, no one defined what the lighting time is?????

The light goes off the bulbs, The light goes off sun also.

If we calculate the lighting time, do we need to start from the light goes into the room after sunrise?

The sunshine has all the spectrum. and the brown algae blooms up during the sunshine hits my tank directly, that means, the intensity is very strange too.

This confusion affect my to pick the lighting stuff, please give me any help.

Anuanu Humu

You really want to keep sunlight off of your tank. Therefore you should set your lighting schedule to what fits your viewing pleasure. Usually 8-10 hours of full spectrum with an hour before and after of actinics is usually most peoples choice.

Do you mean the sunlight should not hit the tank directly? or see no sunlight at all during the daytime???

that's my problem, I have no where to put the tank without sunlight. Once the sun light hits my tank directly, the brown algae blooms up. I made a tank cover and use it to prevent from the hitting directly.

Anuanu Humu

As you have found out that sunlight causes excess algae... thats the reason you want to avoid it. Its quite difficult to eliminate all sunlight from our tanks, but if you can minimize it you will have a much easier time controlling that algae.

So the time during the tank is exposure into a directional sunlight or "bright sunlight" in tank adjacent area need to be counted as "lighting time"!!! Am I correct?

Archived