Cultivated Reef

miracle mud feed back

Englishman

Englishman

Hi there, just wondering if anybody had any thoughts on the miracle mud system, have you run one are you running one, are you/where you happy, and lastly do you have any photos, any feed back would be great

thanx :D

strangelove

I havn't done the mirical mud, but I ordered a starter package from GARF.org which gets theirs from their mud filters. I saw a bunch of new critters populate my refugium. Mud filters are a good buffer were trace elements slowly disolve into your water. You will still need to do water changes and dose, but not as much, mainly calcium. I suggest it, Ecosystems Miracle Mud sounds like a good source. Next time I'm at the beach I think I'll pick up a few gallons of sand near a freashwater lake and see if thats much different than the stuff I got from GARF. It takes a while, about a year, but it does disolve into your system.

theimpulsive1

I ran a setup years ago with miracle mud in the sump. Basically it worked in terms of being a very soft substrate for different life forms to inhabit but as for how it is supposed to slowly leak trace elements and such into the water I didn't really feel like it was. Basically I had better growth and success when I just kept up on water changes and dosed accordingly. Basically I feel fine sand does the same thing.

Archived