Coral Vue Hydros

17gal stocking

milton

hiya

i've got a 17gal (64litre) system with soft & lps corals with 2 Percula Clownfish, 1 Cleaner shrimp, 1 peppermint (for control of an aiptasia problem), 8 cerith, 7 nassarius, 3 astrea, 2 trochus snails, 5 dwarf hermits & 1 Mithrax crab and would like to add a blood shrimp with an extra fish either a royal gramma or a watchman goby (open to suggestions) or would these be to much in such a small system

I think you would be ok. What are your nitrates at now? And how long has the tank been set up? How long have the clownfish been in the tank? If your nitrates are already high or if the tank hasn't been set up long, then I'd be hesitant to do it only b/c you might cause a spike in the parameters. I just made that mistake myself, and I've been in this hobby for a couple of years. But if everything is stable and has been set up for a while, and the clowns have been in the tank for a few weeks, then I don't see why you can't add a fish, but I wouldn't do more than that. The shrimp should definitely be ok.

tanks been setup since march - LR was from a tank 2yrs old - clowns where put in the end of april - nitrate lvl is 5

Archived