Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

24g Nano Cube

crad190

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Obsessed Reefer

Personally, I hate crabs. I have I think 2 in my tank. They kill multiple snails, and have picked on some zoa polyps. But these have seemed to calm down. As for snails, just plain old astrea snails.

ok so i went my fav LFS and i got hooked up w/ some great deals!

so.......even though i only went to get some nass snails i couldn't help myself! :P

Here's an updated FTS:

P9100075.jpg

ok well if you can't tell i got some GOODIES!

1. A 2-3 inch Clam (don't know the exact name but who cares!)

2.i got 2 SPS frags for really Really cheap! (they did brown out a little :( due to a temp. spike at the store but they both are already regaining there color!)

3. and of course what i originally went for........6 nass snails

hopefully the snails help keep my sand clean.

LMK what you think?

Haha, that stinks, Try a mollie. They work great. I know a guy who threw like six in his sump to eat up all his hair algae. It was like a 150g sump. But one should eat it all up. And thats cool your dosing and have some sps, if you want a red pavona frag come over sometime and ill get you one for free.

Ok, I've read through this entire thread and I'm shocked no one's said anything more than clean your glass.

Your algae bloom will only continue to get worse if you keep buying livestock. According to your photographs, you've never let the tank complete a bloom and finish it's cycle. Every time I see an FTS that seems to show the algae slightly subsiding, you run out and buy more livestock. Allow me to show you a simple equation...

algae bloom + more livestock + food for old and new livestock + dosing = more algae

Here's the one piece of advice that shockingly in 7 pages of posts has not yet appeared.

Stop buying stuff until your tank is clean and the algae bloom is completely over.

Please don't take offense to what I've said, I said it the way I did so my point would come across loud and clear. Your algae will continue to get worse if you don't do something about it right now. Your tank is at the fringe of it's nastiest bloom yet, and you are only going to encourage it.

btw, what happened to all your zoa frags?

ok so i finally got a Hydor Koralia #1:

and cleaned almost everything up......

my SPS are really loving the Koralia! :lol:

but......my RBTA and my Green leather aren't so much right now.

P9130076.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

get more rock. in nano systems LR is the main filtration. it looks like you only have about 15-16 lbs. am i right?

also your clam looks much paler and less radiant then most ive seen..could just be its natural look

Archived