inTank Media Baskets

HELP! Light out, dont know what to do!

sandlot13

ALrighty, so yesterday I came home to find my tank light off and the breaker to the room tripped. I got the pumps running again, but everytime I plugged the light back in (150W Metal Halide HOB Coralife) it shorted out the breaker again. There was also a very metallic smell coming from the ballast.

What do I do? Im feel like my light is shot, but I hope it isnt....... any suggestions?

I guess the real problem is, how long can my corals go without light and still be okay? If this isnt a quick fix, i might have to either sell all my livestock or have some place hold it for me.........

please help!

Are you over your amperage load for the breaker?

What else is on that system ?

edit - DONT replace a 20A with a 30A+ breaker...it'll fry your electrical wiring in the walls

dericthomas
ALrighty, so yesterday I came home to find my tank light off and the breaker to the room tripped. I got the pumps running again, but everytime I plugged the light back in (150W Metal Halide HOB Coralife) it shorted out the breaker again. There was also a very metallic smell coming from the ballast.

What do I do? Im feel like my light is shot, but I hope it isnt....... any suggestions?

I guess the real problem is, how long can my corals go without light and still be okay? If this isnt a quick fix, i might have to either sell all my livestock or have some place hold it for me.........

please help!

Try pluging it in to a different circuit to see if your light is poping the breaker or if the circuit your tank is on is overloaded first.

i havent changed the amount of plugins on the circuit, so i dont believe that that is the problem.

I'll try to plug it in to a different circuit when I get home to see what happens

Archived