Innovative Marine Aquariums

Zoa Morph Question?

outcastjra

outcastjra

Being a new guy to Reefing I have a question.

Well I caught the Love Bug for Zoa's in a big way!

With all these different types of Morphs and Rare Morphs, how are there so many different colors of zoa's?

It seems there is a endless amount of different Zoa's. Is it possible to raise/breed I guess different morphs in your tank by placing different colored zoa's together? Maybe graphing them? I know this may sound crazy, but if there is a way I want to try it.

Thanks for taking on this Odd question!

Joel

I've never heard of anyone "crossing" zoas. I don't even think its possible (in the home aquarium atleast). There are many different strains in the wild and the new and/or rare strains were probably just brought in from the ocean.

ficklefins

They don't morph that way, but a lot of times they will change according to tank conditions. Zoa keeping is very addictive and makes for good trading!

wamas_contest.jpg

They don't morph that way, but a lot of times they will change according to tank conditions. Zoa keeping is very addictive and makes for good trading!

wamas_contest.jpg

So cool, we have to see it again! WHAT an expressive fish.

--Diane

ficklefins

Sorry for the hijack...

Ecsenius nalolo

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-07/hcs3/index.php (scroll half way down)

**not my photo**

tn_Ecden_u0.jpg

It actually took a long time for me to find out what type of blenny it is, but he has been by far my favorite blenny type so far. Very social and will eventually learn to eat from your hand. Unlike lawnmower blennys this guy is a very active rock cleaner and seems to eat a larger variety of algae (from my experience). This blenny resembles a linear blenny with his pajamas on.

Most of the time this guy will rush right up to the front of the glass when I approach and will just sit right up on a zoa frag watching me. I guess he is kind of like a politician because his mouth is always open but never saying anything :D .

Unfortunately I ended up loosing the guy in the picture below (lost all my fish almost 2 months ago), but I knew that I had to find another one. So once the new guy is adjusted I'll try and set up his stage and take more pictures. :P

Pictures of the last guy, but pics of the new guy coming soon.

fishwithzoas.jpg

head.jpg

body1.jpg

Hijack done... If you guys want I can start a tank thread.

luceneck--Please do!

I also think you should repackage this blenny material into a separate thread of its own, maybe in the fish forum (or general forum for more looks), just for documentation and ease of finding. If you feel funny reposting the same stuff, say you're doing it "by request!"

(Love the politician joke!)

--Diane

Needreefunds
I love that PIC!

GREAT SHOT!!!

This is my topic, and I really don't mind!!!

Hey, you got your 20 posts already!!!!

Alright!!! :lol:

ficklefins
I love that PIC!

GREAT SHOT!!!

This is my topic, and I really don't mind!!!

Thanks,

Once I get the new guy adjusted I'll see if I can take some pics of him. The pic above was stagged. I placed a bunch of zoas near the glass knowing that the blenny likes to pose on top of them. It was for a photo contest over at www.club-zoa.com

Archived