Innovative Marine Aquariums

My first SW, 40 gallons! PICS!

Ronin3310

New pictures PLEASE!! I just spent like 25 minutes reading this entire thread.. glad to see you bumped it.. take some new pics for me man!

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
New pictures PLEASE!! I just spent like 25 minutes reading this entire thread.. glad to see you bumped it.. take some new pics for me man!

Thanks for reading the thread! I have been looking like a madman for a camera! I am buying my self a new iphone tomorrow so i will take some pics with that, it seems to have a pretty good camera. The tank has changed alot since i last took pictures. My crinoid (feather star) was attacked by my pistol shrimp and did not make it, after that i kind of lost hope for a little while and my tank went to hell. I lost of my corals due to neglect.

if your looking for a cheap good camera www.woot.com has a 12mega pixle for 80 bucks

i dont remember seeing the newest pics of this tank.. but everything looks great

Damn Ronin I had to come back and check out the tank.... I just noticed you're in the 831. Salinas is my hometown! I'll have to check out your tank in person when I come home to visit :P

Well here are some pics of some new things in my tank, i will have to wait alittle while till i can take a FTS because my lights only turned on an hour ago.

Valida Tri-color:

GEDC0239.jpg

ORA Supernatural Cap:

GEDC0241.jpg

ORA Hawkin's Blue echinata:

GEDC0237.jpg

ORA Purple Plasma:

GEDC0248.jpg

ORA Oregon Tort:

GEDC0232.jpg

ORA Pink Birdsnest:

GEDC0242.jpg

And my new little (body the size of a quater) Sailfin Tang:

GEDC0247.jpg

GEDC0245.jpg

Ok here is a full tank shot sorry it is really blurry i took it with my iphone i will try to take a better one!

1216920415.jpg

Here is a better pic of my sailfin tang also taken with the iphone. It actually turned out nice!

1216919815.jpg

831 Reppin!! haha..

Tank looks GOOD!!! I love sailfins also... cool fish to watch.

I see corals in your tank you should frag for me!! :P

Ok here are some better pics

Pavona:

GEDC0268.jpg

Frag Rack; Sailfin just wouldn't move:

GEDC0264.jpg

Acan. lords i picked up from work showing some potential, might pic up some darth maul acan later:

GEDC0254.jpg

Aquacultured FHI (Fish Heads Inc.) Duncans. I think these are way nicer than ORA and for 22 dollars a polyps instead of ORA 65-75!

GEDC0253.jpg

GEDC0252.jpg

Fiji Blue tipped Acro:

BluetippedFijiAcropora.jpg

FTS:

GEDC0258.jpg

GEDC0267.jpg

Well I have moved a few things in my tank around. I took out the torch in the lower right part of the aquarium and have moved it to my 25 gal Frogfish/reef tank. So now i have room for more sps! Next to go is my huge branching hammer. I think i may frag it and then place it in my other tank, I may sell the other pieces. As for the frog sqawn i will keep it in the aquarium for as long as i can. The right side of my tank is looking pretty ugly right now! I put the piece of Fiji blue tip acro in the spot where the torch used to be, and also did a massive 50%-75% water change! After I was done I noticed all of the acros were super fuzzy, I'm talking major polyp extension that i have never seen before in my tank! So now it is 50% water change every week! I am well on my way for my sps tank WHOWA!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

well I have removed all of the euphilliya out of my tank. My hammer has been fragged and is now for sale at picture perfect marine systems www.saltwatertankcorals.com my torch and frogspawn are now living happily in my 25 gal. I am well on my way to having an sps tank! I have picked up quiet a few new corals from ora today:

New ora red planet tabling Acro

Ora roscoes blue Acroo

Ora chips acro

Ora pearl berry

Ora blue voodoo

Ora plum crazy

And I will hopefully be recieve some ora blue tenius from a friend here next week.

AdriftQuasar

That many new specimens and not a single picture of them, tsk, tsk! :P

Looking forward to seeing what you got.

yeah I know I will be posting pics either today or tomorrow. I have to place corals today so I don't know if I will get to it today. But soon I promise!

yeah I know I will be posting pics either today or tomorrow. I have to place corals today so I don't know if I will get to it today. But soon I promise!

What a beautiful tank. It looks stunning.

Archived