Top Shelf Aquatics

my lfs

kkyyllee

i hadn't been to my good lfs for a few weeks, and today i went there to go get some stuff to startup a new tank, and a get afew zoas, when i get there i find an empty building :( , that was my good one theres only one other store that sells corals in my area and there prices are ridiculous....and they never had a going out of business sale either :angry: .

Maybe you missed their going out of business sale!

Or they didn't like you :P KIDDING.

I would go crazy if Jim moved on me (my LFS)

yeah, i would have seen it in the paper if they had one....they had this awsome tank there must have been around 200 gallons, but i saw all the contents of it at my other lfs...so i dont think they moved, maybe ill call ther # tommora c what happens

HecticDialectics

local reef boards in my area always have the latest LFS gossip... I'm sure you have -at least- one local message board if you're in cali.

My LFS just up and closed one week too, right after I started one of my tanks. They just sold all of there stuff to a store in another city. Now the best fish store in my town is Petco, and it is a really bad even for a Petco. I have to drive 45 minutes to go to a decent fish store, and about 90 minutes to go to a good fish store. I hate Kansas :angry: Dorthy and toto were dumb for wanting to come back.

glennr1978
My LFS just up and closed one week too, right after I started one of my tanks. They just sold all of there stuff to a store in another city. Now the best fish store in my town is Petco, and it is a really bad even for a Petco. I have to drive 45 minutes to go to a decent fish store, and about 90 minutes to go to a good fish store. I hate Kansas :angry: Dorthy and toto were dumb for wanting to come back.

That sucks. If mine closes I will have to drive atleast 2 1/2 hours to the nearest LFS. My LFS seems to be doing pretty well, so I don't think I will have anything to worry about anytime soon.

yeah i thot mine was doing pretty good too..., theres another within 10 minutes of me but a 5-10 dollar zoa frag is now gonna cost me 40-50 dollars >:|, 10 dollar mushroom is gonna cost $30....there fish are okay there but i dont need anymore.....

glennr1978

I'm not gonna say a d*mn thing about zoa prices. I got severely flamed on another thread for voicing my opinion of the matter.

glen...theres a difference between wholesale zoos your LFS gets and the ones sold on NR by people like er1c, biblesue, propagator, mvite, and others.

LOTS more color, and each generation the price lowers...(or it should IMO)

They spend a big chunk of $ out of their pocket for some cool stuff just to spread the love!

Go to liveaquaria.com, most of their livestock is pretty reasonable. Better yet, find someone in your area who is willing to share shipping costs with you.

wildernesstank

when the quote you differnt then other people , or you ask there like 25 bucks then you ask againe and there like 30 bucks

when the quote you differnt then other people , or you ask there like 25 bucks then you ask againe and there like 30 bucks

Are we talking about the same thing, www.liveaquaria.com?? The prices on their website are the same for everyone.

Sad to say but big box stores and large online business are putting a lot of LFS out of business. I was in FL last week and had a list of stores to visit, well 3 out of 4 closed shop in just one year.

Archived