inTank Media Baskets

advice to add Live Rock in cycle FO tank.

lastduke

To get rid of the brown algae, I am going to put the 20+ lbs live rocks in my fish only tank.

My tank is 20 G with 2 damsels, 1 firefish, 1 clown fish and 1 cleaner shimp. The tank was cycled and stable more than 2 month.

My quesiton is :

should I add 5 lbs LR once at a time to make the cycle process restarted slowly or add 20 lbs in a single time?

I am considering the fish I have......

linkia lady

I would think if you added 5 or 20 lbs. of LR to such a small tank it would cause it to cycle. I guess if you really wanted to add LR now, I would added a little bit of cured LR and see what happens. I know damsels can live thru a cycle but I am not sure about the others.

do you trust ur lfs that it will be cured? keep it in water the whole time and u wont have anydie off assuming its fully cured.

i would add it in small amounts tho just to be safe

You are right, i will buy some tomorrow to try it.

my lfs should be okay, i went there every often these couple months 3+ per week. The tank for the cured LR is always recycling the water and the rocks have been there a long time.

You are right, i will buy some tomorrow to try it.

my lfs should be okay, i went there every often these couple months 3+ per week. The tank for the cured LR is always recycling the water and the rocks have been there a long time.

smell it, ask them to test the water in front of you.

look for the same things you look for in your tank. i notice your in the bay area... what store are you going to? i got opinions on abuncha the places around here so maybe i can help u out...

hey robbie, i am in Orinda, normally, I go to AllAboutFish store which locates in Concord. How about there?

The reprensatives "sound" knowledgable to ME (a newbie).

all about fish is a pretty decent place. i suggest talking to the young mexican guy or the older white guy., the old chinese people are pretty lame, n the overweight punkrocker white guy doesnt know much about saltwater. so yea, as for as advice n general sw conversations go, the mexican is the one to talk to

You are absolutely correct. I pretty like the young mexican guy, we had serval nice conversion, when i did the research and looked for the fishs. The old white guy is good too.

I appreciate your comment and confirmation

all about fish is a pretty decent place. i suggest talking to the young mexican guy or the older white guy., the old chinese people are pretty lame, n the overweight punkrocker white guy doesnt know much about saltwater. so yea, as for as advice n general sw conversations go, the mexican is the one to talk to

Archived