Cultivated Reef

10gal Cleaner Crew

rickyrivera1

rickyrivera1

Ok...i'm back and need some help. In my 10gal nano I have 2 snails, 1 is a turbo, the other i can't tell what it is, 3 hermit crabs and supossedly I have an emerald crab that i have only seen once. I don't think its enough, but I need to hear from the pro's. Also i need things that are safe for my frog spawn and ane. Let me know what you think so i can pick up on my way home from work and thanks...

linkia lady

I like nass. snails. They stir up the sand bed and eat leftover food. I never really liked hermit crabs in a reef tank. They pick on things. Astea snails are a nice small snail but if you get some remember you have to turn them over if they fall!!

Ok...i'm back and need some help. In my 10gal nano I have 2 snails, 1 is a turbo, the other i can't tell what it is, 3 hermit crabs and supossedly I have an emerald crab that i have only seen once. I don't think its enough, but I need to hear from the pro's. Also i need things that are safe for my frog spawn and ane. Let me know what you think so i can pick up on my way home from work and thanks...

What makes you think you need more? Unless you like having those critters you do not need them unless you are trying to accomplish something. They are used to clean up extra food, stir the sand bed and help with algea removal. If you do not have sand then no need for stirrers. Nassarius and cerith snails are good for stirring sand and eating detritus. Your crabs will take care of extra food. Do you have a lot of algae. If so then maybe you need more snails that are algae eaters. If you do not have much algae and add more snails they will starve. Snails will not hurt corals. Crabs, I just do not trust.

Archived