Coral Vue Hydros

LETS SEE YOUR FIRST TANKS!

Diskusting

I see how advanced and experienced alot of people on here are and I was wondering where you guys started out. So lets see pics of your first tanks!

Ill start it off even though I am only on my second tank (first nano). I now realize how much money I wasted by not doing alot of research before hand on my 75. I bought all the wrong equipment and did all the wrong things. The only corals I had were some mushroom colonies and a feather duster. Heres a pic.

IMG_1692.jpg

IMG_1698.jpg

I sold it because I didnt want to move it. If I had it now I think I could have turned it around. :(

I'll play. My first tank (I was hard-headed and used tap water):

DSC00003.jpg

My old set up, just before moving across the country and selling everything:

100_1346.jpg

Now I'm working on my 40br, but I haven't gotten any really good pics yet.

Here's my first tank, a 24g AP. It was set up for about 7 months

lotsofpics167.jpg[/img]

Here's my new tank, it's been set up for almost a month and a half. I transfered everything from the AP to a 40Br. It doesn't look that good yet, but it will.

FISHTANKPICS069.jpg[/img]

Well this isn't my first fish tank, I have some pretty cool cichlid aquariums. But this was my horrid adventure into saltwater tanks. I bought the Eclipse 12 thinking it would be cool, was I wrong! What they give you to start up is so embarresing. Well here it is, my start into nano.

1-1.jpg

This is today

USe.jpg

P.jpg

ns23.jpg

i originally uploaded this pic 9-15-02 it was not my first SW, but my first nano involving any type or coral and my first DIY project

10g aga eclipse hood that i retroed more light and LED moonlight (4x blue and 1x white in the center) and an extra powerhead.

some of the same LR is in my current tank like that large tonga piece which is on the left front of the current tank

DSC_3059.jpg

chrisdamage
P.jpg

ns23.jpg

i originally uploaded this pic 9-15-02 it was not my first SW, but my first nano involving any type or coral and my first DIY project

10g aga eclipse hood that i retroed more light and LED moonlight (4x blue and 1x white in the center) and an extra powerhead.

some of the same LR is in my current tank like that large tonga piece which is on the left front of the current tank

DSC_3059.jpg

nice tank... I'll post pics of my first tank here soon(I just work like 12 hours a day and barely get to just sit in front of my tank, let alone take pictures) haha... I currently have 2 BC14's.

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

some of those are fantastic first tanks.

i first got into the hobby 18 years back. i dont have pic's of that tank. after a long vacation from the hobby, this was my first.

IMG_6048.jpg

IMG_5625.jpg

Well this isn't my first fish tank, I have some pretty cool cichlid aquariums. But this was my horrid adventure into saltwater tanks. I bought the Eclipse 12 thinking it would be cool, was I wrong! What they give you to start up is so embarresing. Well here it is, my start into nano.

1-1.jpg

This is today

USe.jpg

Nice coral :D

MJD

chessmanmark

My first SW tank. And yes, I used tap water too. The learning curve was rough. 29 gallon Walmart tank and 20 gallon long refugium added on a month later.

2-18-05001.jpg

Turned into this. Took this picture four months ago.

2-18-07001.jpg

I was hooked long before I even set up this tank. Six months later I bought another tank for the living room because I was spending too much time in the basement.

5-27-05003.jpg

That turned into this -

4-1-07024.jpg

2-15-07002.jpg

2-15-07001.jpg

2-4-07003a.jpg

Archived