Pod Your Reef

what makes your water salty ?

Joe b

Mix of Kent Reef Salt and Reef Crystal. Started with a bucket of the Kent and didn't like the composition of it (e.g. low pH) so I do a mix nowadays.

Instant Ocean with RO/DI. I'm going to switch to Reef Crystals as soon as I get my own RO unit. My own RO unit is third on the priority list behind a roll bar for the Miata and a MH pendant for the 54 corner.

travisurfer
Instant Ocean with RO/DI. I'm going to switch to Reef Crystals as soon as I get my own RO unit. My own RO unit is third on the priority list behind a roll bar for the Miata and a MH pendant for the 54 corner.

pshh, rollbars are for pansies ;) get reef supplies first! seriously though, just try one water change in your reef tank with the seawater from the aquaculture place. just see how your corals react. it'll be like opening up for the first time. all that plankton and other yummy stuff for them. why wait?

Reef crystals with distilled. I will get an RO at some point, but for now 4 bucks per water change isn't bad. There are advantages to having a nano :lol:

How is the Pro-Reef compared to the regular TM? What's the diff?

The pro is for people that run calcium or kalk reactors....

I use tropic Marin with RO/DI

when i first started i used tropic marin as the lfs recommended

they used tropic marin in their sw they sell

then i went to io because i went to college and now i use reefcrystals by the recommendation of borneman (sp)

seems decent but my CA is always a little low at 350

does anyone else get this or is it only my batch?

I used to use Bio Sea for years , but now use SeaChem Reef Salt for the last year and very happy with the mix and all params are stable . I switched because with three tanks and weekly water changes , I go through alot of salt and I get the Seachem drop shipped to my door for just under $40 from Drs. F & S . :D

post-8365-1183070292_thumb.jpg

post-8365-1183070326_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone for your input. I currently use red sea salt, and I see a few here do also. Lot of tropical marine also. Thanks again!

Archived