Coral Vue Hydros

what makes your water salty ?

Joe b

savethereef

B)-->

QUOTE(Joe b @ Jun 27 2007, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What's your favorite salt mix?

me i only use water from scripts pier for many reasons 1 its free 2 natural salt water is much better than mixed salt with RO

chrisdamage
B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Joe b @ Jun 27 2007, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

What's your favorite salt mix?

me i only use water from scripts pier for many reasons 1 its free 2 natural salt water is much better than mixed salt with RO

most marine water foud near shore is full of pollutants that many reef fishes can't handle... are you checking it for pollutants?

-me personally, I use just Distilled water(a lot of people don't reccomend it but it has never done me wrong) and I like either Red Sea or Instant Ocean salt mix

ReefApprentice
most marine water foud near shore is full of pollutants that many reef fishes can't handle... are you checking it for pollutants?

-me personally, I use just Distilled water(a lot of people don't reccomend it but it has never done me wrong) and I like either Red Sea or Instant Ocean salt mix

They sand filter it, and make sure it's clean. What would be the point of providing polluted, unusable water?

red sea and IO salt mixed with dare i say TAP WATER lol ... tap water in my area has like 0.01 phosphate 0trite 0trate 0 ammonia and 0 heavy metal/ toxins

red sea and IO salt mixed with dare i say TAP WATER lol ... tap water in my area has like 0.01 phosphate 0trite 0trate 0 ammonia and 0 heavy metal/ toxins

Better get a TDS meter on that. Heh.

Instant Ocean.

HecticDialectics

I like reef crystals... ca and alk are always nice and high and it costs all of like 50 cents more than IO from DrsFS (who also has a GREAT shipping price for craploads of salt).

tropic marin with RO/DI water. i would stay away from oceanic salt, it has a magnesium imbalance that causes cyanobacteria over time as well as alkalinity, pH, and calcium problems. you're better off with instant ocean.

Archived