Pod Your Reef

Mounting a pendant?

WaterWorldAquatics

WaterWorldAquatics

I am picking up a pendant, Aquamedic in couple weeks, and i pick up my 54g corner bow tank friday. Seeing if i have to drill and mount it into a 2x4 in the ceiling? Or can use one of them screws where once u push it through the drywall it opens up on the otherside for more support.

How does everyone mount theirs or suggest my doing?

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

those dry wall ceiling hangers will be plenty fine (unless you plan on swinging from the unit.)

bigger is better. :) but drilling into the stud is best.

please attempt to mount your pendant very carefully. approach with caution while slowly and carefully straddling the pendant, preferably from directly above the unit...commence mounting.

please attempt to mount your pendant very carefully. approach with caution while slowly and carefully straddling the pendant, preferably from directly above the unit...commence mounting.

And please remember to practice safe mounting.

Seriously... when you get it... you'll get an idea of how heavy it is. It doesn't weight that much. If your not lucky enough to have a beam in the ceiling where you want to put it then those ceiling anchors should be find.

I just got a pack of snaptoggle bolts from home depot. They can handle anything! If there's ever a time to over do something, I believe hanging a pendant over your tank would be that time. Get the snaptoggles!

www.toggler.com

Archived