Is this a Asterina starfish?

surftaco

I think some variants are suspected of being predatory or somehow dangerous to soft bodies, but if you find them frequently on the glass they are most likely just grazers. The ones I've always seen were grazing especially on suction cups and PHs, anything slimy. I think the majority are considered beneficial grazers, some might be buying them as feeders for harlequin shrimp, also.

If you see a full bodied 6-legger pull him :)

They are the most frequent blamed for problems.

My buddy at work has them in his tank... and they where taking over so he bought a Harlequin Shrimp and the shrimp herds them and eats them. It's cool to watch and the shrimp is awesome. I deffinately want one.

My buddy at work has them in his tank... and they where taking over so he bought a Harlequin Shrimp and the shrimp herds them and eats them. It's cool to watch and the shrimp is awesome. I definitely want one.

There are many different kinds of Asternia Starfish. Be vary careful with your Zoanthids and Palythoas. Seem to be one of the greatest threats/predators. Asternia can devastate a colony or frag quickly.

Good luck with them.

Regards,

Zoanuts

Archived