Cultivated Reef

Need two fish ids

djchristone

djchristone

i've been eyeing these fish for a while and attempted to info them -_- except i can't seem to be able to name them -_-

i can tell the first one is a cardinal of some sort and the second is a damsel but yeah -_-

m95897970.jpg

m95897982.jpg

thanks guys :)

Helfrichs Chick

Bottom ones all I can remember is their sci. name. Dascyllus auripinnis I believe. I actually googeled this to find a common name and couldnt find one, so I may be off. Im gonna have to search for the cardinal, its cool looking thou, but im not 100% sure its a cardinal personally. You can always check http://www.fishbase.org/search.php too. Good site.

djchristone

ooo ic thanks :)

but yeah, the first one is really cool looking :D kinda looked like a bangaii cardinal so yeah...:P

the first one are sweetlips dont remenber the name but search for thems and you will find it and the second are gold dominoes.

Top one is a juv drumfish, probably a "hi-hat". Cute as babies, big and weird as adults. And NOT reef-safe nor nano material.

The second is a "yellow-belly domino damsel", aka big ugly b!tch damsel. They get larger than your palm.

djchristone

looks like the same one in your pic fate! :) the juvie midnight snapper! :)

totally glad i didn't buy it! >.< would have been way too big later on :) research ftw :P

thanks for all the help guys :)

Trust me, they're HIDEOUS once they pass the inch-and-a-half mark.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived