Innovative Marine Aquariums

Zoa ID? Beautiful green, never seen!

XxViEtXjUStiNxX

XxViEtXjUStiNxX

I picked up this colony a few weeks ago...anyone have an ID on the green ones? I looked on zoaid but I never found anything. They're freaking amazing! I thought they might've been nuclear greens after checking ZoaID after I got them but these are zoas and not palys...and I'm already starting to see baby polyps! Super bright! They look even brighter in real life!

Here are the pictures.

10K lighting with NO VHOs or actinic

IMG_0145.jpg

10K lighting with flash with NO VHOs or actinic

IMG_0111.jpg

With VHOs or actinic, these would look even better!

What do you guys think?

er1c_the_reefer

i think i have those. mine are more yellow/gold though. they're called king midas... or yukon gold... something like that

XxViEtXjUStiNxX

These are definitely green without a doubt. I've seen king midas and yukon and they don't resemble in real life.

Btw I'm referring to the color with the biggest colony (far upper right). Maybe you were looking at something else?

XxViEtXjUStiNxX
man I cant wait to get my hands on some of erics frags.

:( how about Justin's frags?

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

around here those green zoa's are the most common zoa's sold at my lfs's. (next to brown ones) they seem to be quite common. i think i paid $25 for this colony. )

IMG_3985.jpg

they range from green to yellow (and every shade inbetween)

IMG_3080.jpg

i've heard them refered to as mean green, radioactive greens as well as the names in this thread.

since there all made up names anyway, choose one ya like. :)

I dunno, I think his do look a little different.

I'd love to see how they would look with just a little bit of actinic added to the lighting mix.

:( how about Justin's frags?

You can put me on the frag list! (just don't go all crazy with the price)

I agree with Weetabix - not the same color morphs there.

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

yeah i dont have the exact same color. i went for the real green ones and the real yellow ones. but my lfs sell pretty much every shade inbetween.

if you look at his pic, the other 2 green color zoa's are often found in close proxcimity on the coloneys at my lfs. there pretty much identical with 3or 4 different color greens per coloney

yeah i dont have the exact same color. i went for the real green ones and the real yellow ones. but my lfs sell pretty much every shade inbetween.

if you look at his pic, the other 2 green color zoa's are often found in close proxcimity on the coloneys at my lfs. there pretty much identical with 3or 4 different color greens per coloney

Yeah - I was noticing those other colors too - my LFS gets those in all the time, but that one color I've never seen around here.

XxViEtXjUStiNxX
around here those green zoa's are the most common zoa's sold at my lfs's. (next to brown ones) they seem to be quite common. i think i paid $25 for this colony. )

IMG_3985.jpg

they range from green to yellow (and every shade inbetween)

IMG_3080.jpg

i've heard them refered to as mean green, radioactive greens as well as the names in this thread.

since there all made up names anyway, choose one ya like. :)

I like those zoas, but I don't believe they are the same strain as my "mint greens". This green is COMPLETELY solid; there are no different shades. The inside is completely mint green with no variation or pattern, just a solid.

I wonder if these are rare or not. I've been into reefs for about 5 years and I have never run into this color, and zoaid doesn't seem to have an identification for them either. What do you guys think?

XxViEtXjUStiNxX

UPDATE:::

First frag of this colony

IMG_0015.jpg

About 11-14 heads including babies. Anybody want? Offers?

I want, but I'm not rich.

Feel free to PM me with a price including Priority shipping to 37830, or something you'd be interested in trading for.

XxViEtXjUStiNxX

I have, but I'm not rich either. We all struggle; I'm 17 years old still in high school with no job. I'll PM you right now.

no it looks really good actually, but im just wondering because i have these pink zoas attached to a rock, and im wondering to frag them, do i slice the heads or do i chisel the layer of rock there attached to and glue it to a plug.

XxViEtXjUStiNxX

You slice the mat of the polyps or the polyps themselves ( if you want 1 polyp) as close to the rock as possible and then glue that down.

icc, alright so let me just make sure im right, you take a blade, and you slice as close as you can to the rock, and then you take your one polyp, and glue it to a plug or rock? and from that one polyp, another polyp will grow, and the polyp you sliced will reform again?

XxViEtXjUStiNxX

It doesn't have to be one polyp. You can slice a few at a time as long as the MAT is still together. And yes, after you glue them down, hopefully they will attach to the rock or whatever you glued them onto and they will grow onto there.

It doesn't have to be one polyp. You can slice a few at a time as long as the MAT is still together. And yes, after you glue them down, hopefully they will attach to the rock or whatever you glued them onto and they will grow onto there.

iccc, so its like a big mat, and on the mat is where the zoas grow? thats weird, cause i have this one colony where they come out from branches =/ lol

XxViEtXjUStiNxX

Just cut as close to the rock as possible. Please PM me as this is taking away from the thread. Try not to thread cap next time (don't post random questions that aren't in relation to the topic) Thanks.

These post-how-cool-it-is-just-to-chop-shop-it threads are really getting annoying. Post in the classifieds like a normal smash-n-grab whore.

I'd like it if someone were to create a bot to post this (above) in every such thread... Else I'd double my post-count with that alone.

XxViEtXjUStiNxX
These post-how-cool-it-is-just-to-chop-shop-it threads are really getting annoying. Post in the classifieds like a normal smash-n-grab whore.

I'd like it if someone were to create a bot to post this (above) in every such thread... Else I'd double my post-count with that alone.

Why are you getting all mad for? I think you need to relax a bit. I've had this colony for a while now (4 months). I don't go to wholesale and buy it for cheap to chop-n-shop.

Why are you giving me all this trouble for? Because I have less than 50 post? Is that the magic number in which everybody can start selling stuff? I'm here for an ID, hence why I posted pictures and referred to ZoaID. I'm not even offering these for sale yet so what does it matter to you?

I think you should make yourself a bot and be even more of a post whore and try to double your post-count. Do you honestly think that that matters? I applied to this forum LONG before you did; I was just never active because of school (same goes for RC). Sorry that I don't have time to thread-crap and post-whore like yourself, Miss. I-have-13,000-post-.-I'm-SO-COOL. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Archived