Top Shelf Aquatics

damn damsel

bonsai reefer

Honestly I went thru the same thing. U have to get it used to the net. I kept my net in the tank for a day or two. I would watch its swimming habits and where it goes in correlation to where the net is placed. Once I had figured out exactly where its gonna dart to when. It was just one simple move, move the net to get the fish to do what it does. I moved it back the fish responded i moved it to the right he came out into the open to dart to the other side of the tank where he would go when the net was to the right, and in the split second or two i swooped him up aiming the net at where he was going.

I went thru setting traps, using bait in the net, not feeding, just plain tryin to catch him, etc, etc...

Once he was caught he went back to the store. It was a blue fiji damsel, quick as _____, with the smarts to match.

Give it a shot, it might just work if you've exhausted all other options. I see no reason to have to tear the tank down. Just watch what it does.

bonsai reefer
you know you flushed him

NO COMMENT :lol: Thank every one for their suggestions and ideas that is why we are all sucessful in this hobby . People sharing information with each other to help us all suceed!!!( Now lets all go and lick a jelly fish) :lol::lol: (or is that hug a tree) :lol:

^^^if someone actually did that they have serious problems lol

No doubt. The first serious problem would be the flaming gasoline in a sheet across the living room floor. I don't think tank glass would stand up to even a nano size conflagration. Obvious psychiatric problems would surely come second to dealing with the house you set on fire to gain revenge against an elusive fish.

Damsels are usually terrible advice.

I wish people had recommended chromies to me as a good 'first fish', instead of the blue 'devil' damsel and the cute lil domino i first bought.

They were hard as hell to get out of my tank, too. But, like yours, they were picking on other fish. They weren't hungry, since I still fed all the fish like usual, but they sure were aggressive!

shaggydoo541

Sorry but I've got to post this again ;)

Just do this with the damsel (even though its already out of your tank).

12996damsel1sm1.jpg

Archived