Innovative Marine Aquariums

damn damsel

bonsai reefer

bonsai reefer

Is their anything out their I can put in my tank to kill the fish but not the coral??? I have a damin damsel and have tried numerous times trapping him and have not fed him for over 5 weeks but the sob will not die!!!!! I do not want him in their due to beating the crap out of my clown to his demise now he is attacking my corals Any advise just this side if tearing down the tank would be of great help :D:D

bonsai reefer
people arent going to think kindly of you trying to kill your damsel

I know but the thing is the spawn of satan and he tries to kill everything in the tank so for the better of the comunity he will have to be disposed of :angry:

you put him in your tank....its not his falt, be humain and just catch him...

i told you. n i dont suggest flushing him either... the forum wont like that very much.

bonsai reefer
try using more trapsat one go.

remove everything from your tank.

I did not put him in their my wife did . All of my rock is glued to gearher but i don't know if it will hold togeather???I was thinking of lowering the water level to about an inch above the sand with all of my pumps off to see if i could catch him that way ?? I have tried several traps to no avail???

Feed him with top off the tank off, then scoop him. Never fails for a hungry fish. That's how I got my yellow tail, the crafty bugger. I can't imagine why your fish would be attacking your coral though...

Also for the sake of the NR community, please not another long debate on Aquarium Morality, those concerned with the matter can simply look over the FW damsel thread again.

bonsai reefer
starve him for a few days then feed it, and attack it with a net, and return it to the store

I've been starving him for 5 weeks now and have tried everything I know and have red .My intention origionally was not to kill him but I do not want to teardown the tank and risk damaging hundreds of dollars of coral for a 5.99 fish>>>

bonsai reefer
Feed him with top off the tank off, then scoop him. Never fails for a hungry fish. That's how I got my yellow tail, the crafty bugger. I can't imagine why your fish would be attacking your coral though...

Also for the sake of the NR community, please not another long debate on Aquarium Morality, those concerned with the matter can simply look over the FW damsel thread again.

Thanks drez these are the replys I am looking for .I will give it a try to see if it works ;) wish me luck :)

LOL :lol:

I didn't even have to read the thread - the title says it all. :P

But...I ended up reading it anyways. I would use 2 nets. One LARGE net placed strategically in a corner of the tank and a small one to chase the fish with. You'll only get a few chances at this before the crafty little fish figures out what you're trying to do. The idea is to chase it quickly towards, if not into, the larger net. Usually you can scare it in the general direction and then close the larger net against the side of the tank to trap the fish.

Starving it will not work. It will end up picking apart all of your precious corals or killing your clownfish and then eating it. They have a very cichlid like personality. Territorial and agressive.

bonsai reefer

WHOOT WHOOT GOT THE LITLE BASTARD :D:D NANO TANK nano problem .Just drained main tank and shut off pumps by the time the tank was about an inch full he was at the front .I think he knew his days in the tank were numbered .He now resides in my 5 gallon qt tank till tomorrow then off to the lfs for some much needeed credit hip hip !!!

Haha.....good job. Your clownfish will be a lot happier now. Oh wait.....I just reread the original post. Clownfish died, huh? Sorry about that. That damsel is a fish killer!!!!

I've been starving him for 5 weeks but he keeps eating my corals! LOL. Love the logic.

Damsels have some awesome qualities but they need to be in a suitable environment to be appreciated. I love my damsel.

pour some gasoline in (about 2 gallons will work) make sure its premium and set it on fire. make sure to move any draperies at least 3 foot from the inferno. you will lose your coral, but just think of the fun it will be to see your damsel initially in distress when you first pour the gas in, then after set afire how much pain it will be in b4 cooking in front of your very eyes. no better yet, starve it to death...

Archived