inTank Media Baskets

Phoenix bulbs 14k

roxy25

ez is that w/150w or 250w? I may try that next on my 5g if that is how nice the 150w looks. I will be running the 250w SE version of that bulb (aquaconnect 14K) on my 70g.

ez is that w/150w or 250w? I may try that next on my 5g if that is how nice the 150w looks. I will be running the 250w SE version of that bulb (aquaconnect 14K) on my 70g.

that is the 150watt. are you sure the aquaconnect 14k is the same as the phoenix?

Jin, the colors really pop with that bulb, huh? No actinics in that picture?

yar, 0 actinics. think of the phoenix as a 20k not a 14k

one8thscale

Had XM 20K, and switched to the Pheonix about a couple months ago. Saw a big difference in growth and color. No actinics.

FTS061407.jpg

Hmm. Debating between this and the Iwasaki 15KK which burns bright white with a hint of blue.

It's for a frag tank, so it won't be on display, but I wonder if the Phoenix's 14K (closer to 20K) spectrum peaks will help color the corals better.

I've used just about every bulb on the market and the picture I posted is of my prop tank , the Phoenix 14k has been the best for me in both color & growth . HTH

If its going on a prop tank get a 10K or better yet a 6500 K bulb....I run 2 ushio 10K 175's over my prop tank and the corals are growing really well

HecticDialectics
Anyone know of a 70w bulb that is similar in color and has good par like the phoenix?

I don't know anyone that has done any tests of 70W mh par... but chances are if you really want 'good par' and you have a tank between 5 and 20G, you might as well just get a 150W pheonix if that's what you're looking for.

Trying to locate a PAR meter to do some testing on 70W bulbs, but haven't found one yet.

You might want to take a look at the Astralux 70W MH bulb also.

Archived