Coral Vue Hydros

Corals for Stock Aquapod 12g (MANY PICS ADDED)

jmitchell

Hey everyone!

I have a stock aquapod 12 gallon with 16lbs of LR and 10 LBS of live sand, CUC, and a purple firefish. Its been established for a month and a half, and I have a colony of button polyps and EE zoas on a rock that are really thriving after they had been dying at petco, as well as three mushrooms that are growing quite well. I have a very high pod population, no algae, water params are perfect, temps at 80 all day every day. I use tropic marin pro reef salt, so the water is very nutrient rich. The AP12 has 54w of PC lighting for those who aren't familiar, and the flow is great.

I've done my research for easy to care for corals and have come up with this list, but I would like to know if anyone disagrees with any of them, or there are ny other suggestions?

Zoas

Kenya Tree

Xenia

GSP

Ricordia

GSP

Blasto

Hammer

Frogspawn

Mushrooms

Toadstool

Devils Hand

Open Brains

Acan

Bubble

Plate

Pineapple Brain

Candycane

Thanks for any input, I will put a growth comparison picture of my corals in a couple minutes when my camera finishes charging, as well as some tanks shots!

Thanks!

-LJ :D

Carnation tree (JK)

Pics as promised!

Update6-15-07003.jpg

GBP before

GrowthShot6-26-07008.jpg

2.5 weeks after

Update6-15-07007.jpg

Mushroom Before

GrowthShot6-26-07015.jpg

2.5 weeks after

GrowthShot6-26-07011.jpg

They gave birth and launched it across the tank! (just popped up one day, is it normal?)

GrowthShot6-26-07023.jpg

FTS!!!

Some More Pics for the Ladies ;-)

GrowthShot6-26-07008.jpg

GrowthShot6-26-07024.jpg

Old Aquascape

6-11-07013.jpg

Thanks!

Comments are much appreciated from you, I read your tank thread, and now have tremendous respect for the work you've done! Bravo!

So does anybody else have any other corals I could add to my tank that would do well?

Thanks!

Lookin good LJ. Def like the new scape better, only thing I might do is move that rock sticking up on the right to the middle (up against the big rock on the left) and have the rockwork sloping down left to right.

Archived