inTank Media Baskets

AIPTASIA control

wildernesstank

I've read that lemon juice will also work, sometimes. I believe, with the lemon juice anyway, you feed it to them with a syringe or dropper. Hopefully someone will chime in that knows WAY more than me, which won't be difficult, because my 2.5g minibow is infested with aiptasia as well.

Also, you can go to JoesJuice.com and find a store near you that carries the product.

Ok...Ive seen enough of your post...lol

Try doing some searching 1st...most Aquarium places carry Joes Juice...read the directions...it comes

with syringe and tip dispencer that you feed the juice to the aip.

And ya Im having a bad day...NOT!!!!

Izzue

wildernesstank
Ok...Ive seen enough of your post...lol

Try doing some searching 1st...most Aquarium places carry Joes Juice...read the directions...it comes

with syringe and tip dispencer that you feed the juice to the aip.

And ya Im having a bad day...NOT!!!!

Izzue

:D

chessmanmark

Pep shrimp will work if that's all they have to eat. When you feed your tank the shrimp will scavenge better food options. With a nano it's relatively easy to deal with this problem as long as you can access all areas of your tank. Take some kalk powder and make a paste with a little water. Then use a piece of rigid tubing and push it into the paste. Then press the tubing onto the aiptasia and blow the remaining paste out of the tube.

theglasseskid
Peppermint shrimp is all you need, trust me...

why are my shrimp dropping like flys? i went from 3-1 in under a week. i even acclimated them for an hour. i don't know whether they are dying or getting eaten.

i have a BC29 with the following specs. any idea what might be killing them?

30 lbs. of LS

15-20 lbs. of LR

Salt water from the lfs (tests normal for trites, ammonia, trates, pH, phosphates, and salinity)

2 blue/green chromis

1 diamond goby

1 serpent star

1 pincushion urchin

2 bubble tips

1 Condi

8 blue leg crabs

and small xenia, devil's hand, zoas, and a muchroom

thanks,

Mine usually end up in the sump or hide very well in the rock work. Anyways... they don't work on my aptaisia. I think the fish' scare them.

why are my shrimp dropping like flys? i went from 3-1 in under a week. i even acclimated them for an hour. i don't know whether they are dying or getting eaten.

30 lbs. of LS

15-20 lbs. of LR

Salt water from the lfs (tests normal for trites, ammonia, trates, pH, phosphates, and salinity)

2 blue/green chromis

1 diamond goby

1 serpent star

1 pincushion urchin

2 bubble tips

1 Condi

8 blue leg crabs

thanks,

This maybe a longshot but you could have another larger shrimp hiding in your LR that is eating them.

how do i get them out of my tank, i know joes juice works but where do i get that and how do i use that

Red legged hermits and pep shrimp. nuf said

theglasseskid

the tank is only a month old. so i think i would have noticed any visiters large enough to take them out. but i guess it could be something lurking in the dark. damn hitchhikers!

wildernesstank

30 lbs. of LS

15-20 lbs. of LR

2 blue/green chromis

1 diamond goby

1 serpent star

1 pincushion urchin

2 bubble tips

1 Condi

8 blue leg crabs

thanks,

^^ nice thread

the tank is only a month old. so i think i would have noticed any visiters large enough to take them out. but i guess it could be something lurking in the dark. damn hitchhikers!

HA. well if you have a "red night-light" you could search for it at night. They are out there at night if it is there at all.

Are you finding the remains at all or is the carcass gone? also shrimp jump so you could check the fuge

also your condi does like to eat shrimp so maybe they are getting too close.

wildernesstank
This maybe a longshot but you could have another larger shrimp hiding in your LR that is eating them.

Red legged hermits and pep shrimp. nuf said

i have both and they do nothing

i have both and they do nothing

hmmm well maybe your don't have what you think you have. can you take of picture of the aiptasias for us? JoesJuice works extremely well too so try it out.

If you have a 4 line or 6 line wrasse dont waste your time with peppermint shrimp

Are you saying that because the wrasse will eat the shrimp, or the anemone?

theglasseskid
HA. well if you have a "red night-light" you could search for it at night. They are out there at night if it is there at all.

Are you finding the remains at all or is the carcass gone? also shrimp jump so you could check the fuge

also your condi does like to eat shrimp so maybe they are getting too close.

They deffinately are not missing. I have found severed remains of each dead pep the morning after. I will try to move the haitian purple tip tonight and see if that helps. and if thats the case at least he had some nice shrimp dinners.

Are you saying that because the wrasse will eat the shrimp, or the anemone?

Ya thats what Raptor meant...6 or 4 will eat that shrimp and smile...lol

Izzue

Archived