SaltCritters.com

Cold Cathode as Main Light

SCUBA BUZZ

Has anyone ever tried this or thought of this. I was thinking of doing 1 x 12" blue and 1 x 12" white over a minibow 5 would it be enough light for low light zoa's and shrooms?

anybody even a thought as to wether or not its worth my time? i was also throwing up the idea of getting 12" LED strips for a car and using them

Socalsuperhero
anybody even a thought as to wether or not its worth my time? i was also throwing up the idea of getting 12" LED strips for a car and using them

Not worth your time. Even with individual reflectors the output of cold cathodes is no where near the output of so called "hot" cathode flourescents (ie pc and t5)

what do you think of the LED's or would i be better off doing a DYI array i would read the whole diy led array post but its like 40 some pages lol

strangelove
what do you think of the LED's or would i be better off doing a DYI array i would read the whole diy led array post but its like 40 some pages lol

If you've got solid electonic skills, I say go for it, but some of the led arrays look a bit difficult to me. I'd try some of the cheaper LED lights if you have a small tank, pico size. Coralife makes one now.

u would need like a solid wall of Cold Cathode just for a FOWLR lol...jk

seriously arent Cold Cathode 12" like 3.4 watts each? it might work if u have like 1 strip per gallon. (correct me if im wrong...)

Well I was thinking top end car LED's put out serious light they come pre sealed have a real long life to them and i have the easy converter that gives me cigerette lighter slots from a plugin. The LED's i have right now are red and cheep ones but it still produces a good amount of light esp for the minibow If i put 48 leds over a minibow it would be brighter at the bottom then my 250W halide is at the bottom of my 25 tall... no probably not lol

Archived