inTank Media Baskets

A Cutie

seahorsedreams

seahorsedreams

It's hard to get a good picture of this guy because of his coloring... he always shows up as a yellow blob. But here he looks so cute peeking up over the turbo I had to share.

mantissnail.jpg

seahorsedreams

He's about 3 - 3.5"

Does anyone know how to grab a pic of them that shows detail? They fluoresce so much I just can't get the detail and have managed to pull off only a couple of decent pics.

nice P. ciliata! I love their bright yellow morph. as for how to get a decent pic... just take LOTS. that's the only advise i can give.

seahorsedreams

I have a 4GB card.... lots is all I know. But for the most part they all turn out as above even if I manipulate it as a CRW file.

seahorsedreams

doesn't work, as you "darken" the photo you just get a darker undetailed blob.

doesn't work, as you "darken" the photo you just get a darker undetailed blob.

Macro Mode with a manual Focus for up close shots, as well as watching the exposure/shutter speed....

I think those shots are fantastic! Not just in quality but in expression...such a cool shrimp!

And that must be a giant turbo...

--Diane

seahorsedreams
Does them taste good with tar tar sauce?

EW! NO!!! A nice spicy cocktail dip.

I think those shots are fantastic! Not just in quality but in expression...such a cool shrimp!

And that must be a giant turbo...

--Diane

Thanks Diane. Ya, it's of those softball size guys... there's nothing in the mantis tank for him to bulldoze.

funny you should mention that. mantis shrimp are actually a popular cantonese dish called shako.

apparently they are really nice with roasted peppers, butter and crushed garlic... mmm. *runs off to the lfs*

Archived