Pod Your Reef

tank got hazy

soundtweequor

soundtweequor

This morning my tank was pretty hazy. Not sure what may have caused it. Up until this point the water coudn't have been clearer. Parameters are good but I'm about to do a water change (10%). I also noticed a bunch of little critters smaller than a sand grain all on front glass. Could something have spawned overnight that I may not have been aware of?

soundtweequor

The tank is going on 2 months as of yesterday. Its a 10 gal an no algae. Water parameters are good PH is always stable. I did a 10% water this afernoon, but in the process, I noticed a margarita snail discharging some dark stuff, and I monitored it for over 5 minutes and it was still discharging. Never seen that before so Im not sure if it's just going to the bathroom and I'm just being naive or if that may be something serious and in deed may be the source of the haziness. I'm hoping its just a coincidence that I happen to notice the margarita the same time the tank was cloudy. At this point the tank is back to normal but we'll see what happens in the next few days.

In regards to the critters, are the an issue?

The tank is going on 2 months as of yesterday. Its a 10 gal an no algae. Water parameters are good PH is always stable. I did a 10% water this afernoon, but in the process, I noticed a margarita snail discharging some dark stuff, and I monitored it for over 5 minutes and it was still discharging. Never seen that before so Im not sure if it's just going to the bathroom and I'm just being naive or if that may be something serious and in deed may be the source of the haziness. I'm hoping its just a coincidence that I happen to notice the margarita the same time the tank was cloudy. At this point the tank is back to normal but we'll see what happens in the next few days.

In regards to the critters, are the an issue?

Probably poo from the snail.

Pods are good - food for corals, fishes, eat detritus.

WOW, that is distracting ------> av-26954.gif

Archived