Pod Your Reef

If YOU were to do it right..

ace35

All right, I know this stuff is posted all over the place but I kind of want a straight out answer.

I ordered a JBJ 6 gal. I am pretty sure I am getting the nano customs 3x18 lighting soon.

What else would you guys and girls do to this nano? And please keep in mind I just want this one nano, no extra tanks below or around. What to cut, what to add, what to take away, what to replace?

I am just having trouble finding info on 6 gals, and am new to the nano world!

Thanks for your time!

Nate

upgrade pump, add a chiller and a heater

there isnt much you can really do if you dont want to add a sump other than lighting

make sure the base of the tank is on a flat surface

travisurfer

from what I've heard, deffinitely a pump upgrade to a maxijet. you shouldn't need a chiller but if you do the ice probe is a much cheaper option.

If it were mine....

Mini-jet 606 or Maxi-jet 600

Hydor flo

Titanium Heater

Select flow surface skimmer from NanoTuners/NanoCustoms

Some sort of chiller/ICA from NanoTuners/NanoCustoms

So how exactly do one of these little chillers work? It doesn't look like they have a temp controller, so is it constantly chilling and the heater constantly heating to a set degree? Or am I just really confused?

avalanche1201

you dont need a chiller if you have AC in your room or house...ive got a 3gal and when the AC isnt on when its not extremly hot and im at work my mom turns on the fan in my room and I still dont have heat issues...of course if its 90deg out the AC would be on even when I am at work.

Id suggest making an ACFuge, prob a 110 b/c you can always cut down the impellar so its not as strong

hth

masterbuilder

See why I am on your case Proraptor2. You USED to be helpful. Now whenever you find a "all in one" thread you HAVE to throw your crappy remarks in. WTF is your problem?

Ace,

Ignore this A-hole. Enjoy your tank. What the other responders said was right. You may or may not not need the ICA Chiller, I would try it without one and see where your temps run. Also, too answer your question about the ICA chiller (nanocustoms), it does run 24/7. It tends to lower the temp about 4 degrees. Good choice with the 3.18 upgrade, nanocustoms/nanotuners are a class act.

Mine has the mini-jet 606 pump on the highest setting, with a loc-line Y splitter to direct the flow 2 ways.

Also a fuge mod in the back with a small light and chaetomorph - cut the black plastic off the back around one chamber, and put a light fixture there to point at the chaeto.

Plus a small heater.

And thats it for mine.

yep, good heater, good surface skimming device, a hydor flo, and make sure it's in a room with a stable temperature. If not, then you might have to go with one of the chiller options mentioned above.

See why I am on your case Proraptor2. You USED to be helpful. Now whenever you find a "all in one" thread you HAVE to throw your crappy remarks in. WTF is your problem?

I think hes showing tough love to try to get people to switch to a REAL tank. B) J/k

I think hes showing tough love to try to get people to switch to a REAL tank. B) J/k

I know I know...I used to have a beautiful 55 gal. Got rid of it sadly. Now I am just in need of an aquatic fix. Thanks for the help though for those that did!

when i had my nc6 i upgraded to the 2.18 setup and the temps went upto ~86, so i ended up having to prop the lid up to keep it cool

and even then it dropped to 82, but yeah test it out first to see where the temps go

copmletely forgot about the surface skimmer but that is a must also

Archived