Pod Your Reef

What HOB refugium for AquaPod 24

murdoc

• 2 weeks later...

Here what I did for my aquapod. It was very easy and the tank still looks good because everything is in the back

CIMG1981.JPG

CIMG1982.JPG

In case you don't know, its a cpr aquafuge w/ a remora skimmer behind it.

Here what I did for my aquapod. It was very easy and the tank still looks good because everything is in the back

CIMG1981.JPG

CIMG1982.JPG

In case you don't know, its a cpr aquafuge w/ a remora skimmer behind it.

holy crap, i didnt think you could do that....what if one of the pumps went out? would the others burn up?

Nevr -not sure what your question is. Please let me know. Anyways, everything fits and you still have a nice look on the tank. The aquafuge fit perfectly on the back of the aquapod. The skimmer fits perfectly behind the aquafuge and as you can see, there is still room for cheato, etc. Simple and efficient.

If the skimmer pump went out, the fuge would still run fine and if the fuge pump went out, the skimmer would still run. Both have there own separate powerheads.

have you actually tried to turn off one of the pumps on purpose to test it? my cpr HOB when shut off would drain some of the water back into the main tank and lower the level of the HOB by almost 4". if that happens then the skimmer intake would be above the water level?

What Hob Refugium for AP 24 w/ 150 HQI and as well what skimmer? Any preferences???

I got the CPR Aquafuge2 HOB. I like it, but I didn't get the model with the skimmer, and I regret it. I am probably going to fit a Sapphire Aquatics skimmer back there and first I'm going to inquire with Kyle at Sapphire about custom building one.

Sapphire has an awesome HOB fuge and skimmer that I didn't know about when I bought mine. It's pricey, but looks like the mac daddy!

Jeff

G-force, I never tried shutting down one of the pumps. I am guessing if the aquafuge pump shut off, the skimmer would be fine because it would just keep skimming the water in the fuge but no water from the main tank would go in. If there is no water comign into the tank, no water should be coming out.

If the skimmer pump went off, the fuge would still run fine.

• 2 weeks later...

i just put a eco system aquarium 40 on my ap 24 and im already noticing the effects!!! its onlt been about 5 days but its already working. it fits prefect on the back. i run no skimmer and have had no problems

The cheapest place I could find one online was at reefwarehouse.com.

Great service, and it only 3 days to get to me with (free)standard ground shipping.

Total was 280.95 and that included the refugium light AND stands. Every other place I've seen sells the light & stands seperately for like another 50 bucks for the light and another 20 for the stands.

Archived