inTank Media Baskets

New Maited pair Black Clowns :)

murphy_5

Well I just wanted to let everyone see my new maited pair of black clowns. I have them on my large tank thread, but since no one is really following it I thought I would post these for everyone to see!!! So without further ado

One of the pics were a little dark so I lightened it up a bit :)

Yes the Female is about 3 inches (very nice size) and the male is about 2 1/4. These were purchased from my LFS and they got them from a customers tank...they were very nice to put them on hold for me until they got them in! I love these fish!

Nice B/W clowns you got there. I have a paired B/W clown and hopefully will mate in the next two years. My male is my precious, a missbared B/W, only got one white line on the other side and two lines on the other.

Enjoy your clown!

Man, that's wild! Your B&W clowns look like my pair. They also have the white stripe that doesn't quite touch on the side. The clown in my avatar is one of them. I've had mine since I started my tank in Sept., they were both juveniles and my LFS sold me the "pick of the litter"! ;)

I got them at Gateway Aquatics in St. Louis I love that store! Just a little update they have started hosting my frogspawn already!!! :)

Oh and I wouldn't put them in anything less than a 30G maybe a little smaller...but mine are so big already. They are essentially the same as any other Ocellaris or True Perc, just much more expensive and not worth the risk. I have kept 2 Ocellaris clowns in a 12G Nanocube...but there is no way I would put these 2 in that. I guess you could though.

SeeDemTails

I got a large mated pair as well(see avatar). Awsome fish, amongst my favorites out of all I have kept over the years I've been in the hobby. Mine are huge now, the female is almost 2 1/2" long.

Even though I have a pair I want another for my 15G...is it wrong to have the same fish in two tanks lol?

I have a pair of those in my prop tank

I love your tank! I'll try later to get a picture of them in the frogspawn for everyone :)

I love your tank! I'll try later to get a picture of them in the frogspawn for everyone :)

Man you're lucky! The only thing mine will host is the powerhead at the back of the tank. Either that or they go diving in one of the rear filter chambers, like one of them did this morning! ;)

Man you're lucky! The only thing mine will host is the powerhead at the back of the tank. Either that or they go diving in one of the rear filter chambers, like one of them did this morning! ;)

Yeah that sucks, the first day the female was kinda moving around it funny and kinda fanning it and today I woke up and she was all up in it! I have always had good luck with my clowns, and hosting some sort of coral. I had a regular Ocellaris that would host a GBTA as in my Avatar and now these, I think it helped that when I got them they were already a maited pair and out of his tank they used a whitish green frogspawn (wierdest color I had ever seen) It almost looked as if they were bleached, but still have color in them???

I said I would get a picture of them hosting the Frogspawn. It took me a while to get a good one but I think everyone will enjoy these :)

and another close up

Archived