Top Shelf Aquatics

Conch went deep?

rodstar

I have had a conch in my tank for about 2 months now and it has been doing quite well. In a 24 hour period it usually spends about 10 buried under the sand.

But, it buried itself completely about 3 days ago and has not come up. Every once in a while the eyes come up and it looks around, but has not come up at all otherwise.

Anyone have experience with conches and have any idea what's up?

Thanks in advance.

Derek

I have had a conch in my tank for about 2 months now and it has been doing quite well. In a 24 hour period it usually spends about 10 buried under the sand.

But, it buried itself completely about 3 days ago and has not come up. Every once in a while the eyes come up and it looks around, but has not come up at all otherwise.

Anyone have experience with conches and have any idea what's up?

Thanks in advance.

Derek

I have 2 small conch's (1/2 inch each) that I've had for months (not sure what type though), they have never gone under the sand that I've seen. then I added another conch a week ago and I haven't seem him since! i checked through all the rock work, and pulled apart the chambers in the back of my bc29 just to make sure, but my guess is he has buried himself, but I haven't seen him or any sign of him since a few hours after I put him im... sorry, I don't know much about them yet...

Mine dissapears all the time. Maybe when they come up, it is just hidden in a rock enclave. That is why I got mine tho, was to work through the substrate and keep it clean. Totally normal.

Archived