Innovative Marine Aquariums

Sump/Fuge Addition to a 24g AquaPod

LittleCubeDude9391

LittleCubeDude9391

Hi all I'm back.

Im re-setting up my tank after taking a year long break and I am looking at others ideas as well as taking suggestions on my ideas.

NOT NESSASARY TO READ THIS PARAGRAPH

The reson I took it down was because I was just too busy working 2 jobs durning school and playing football. I left for christmas break to go see an old friend that moved and my mom let my six-line jump into the back chamber, and she didn't get him out so he died, and my tank already had bad water because I hadn't been home for 9 days. So when I got back my corals where dieing so I took them to my 220g tank buddy and he's been babysitting.

What I am currently think is to take Chamber 1 and just place LR rubble into it because rock is never bad. Blocking of the small area between the 2 large stock chambers and drilling a hole right there at the bottom coner of Chamber 1. Then taking that down under my {hopefully custom built stand designed for this [i know some people]} to a filter sock and letting that drain out into a 10-20 gal Fuge. In the Fuge tank I will calk a piece of acrilic (SP) to make it flow in a U shape. With the tip of each U being the "from tank" "to tank" ports. I will also need so sort of sponge wall between my Fuge and the return pump I know, BUT if I can stay away from buying more acrilic (SP) to build a bevel system it would make me happy. The I will come back up right from the pump to the bottom middle of Chamber 2 and I have a plastic "shelfs" in Chamber 2 that are removeable where I can put 3 things. I was thinking my "fine sponge" , carbon , and phosgaurd. Then I will run it back into the tank with 1 maj-jet which I have I think its one of the largest one's a 1200 or something I can look if its needed. which pull from the top of Chamber 2 and shoots back the tank with the stock hole. I do however have room for another small pump like this that I could drill into the back of my displace tank and use clear tubbing behind the way and run it through the middle wall and have it exit into the display by this new hole. I have a rock cave to where I could make it exit into but I need it to not move ANY sand because my $100-300 blasos. and disks corals and gobies get MAD.

My biggest problem is that I know NOTHING about flow rates I have all the guys and everything to build/drill this, but I don't want to blow my tanks display away with the returns/ dont want to have a "whirlpool" effect (that's why I think I need 1 more return pump, than 1 larger one.) So like i said open to suggestions, but is there a chart someone has about how much water flows through a 1/4 inch hole, or anything like that so I am not moveing my display tanks water too much?

NOT NESSARY TO READ THIS BELOW

PS. Im an ex-LFS worker and I have ppl that are SW friends that will help me buld.

I also have alot of "big tank guys" saying I cant keep anything under 24g steady enogh for a long time. (I want a yellow fiji to shut em up). Current LS at friends house is 1 OJ Disk 1 Pur Disk 1 Red Blasto Colonie and 1 Green each with about 20 heads. I have alot more room since I have sold everything but those. I will also get my yasha hazes back and hopefully they will contuine to breed let they did, in my old set-up. Other fish I want to keep in mind is a Flame Hawk, and a Six-Line wrasse again.

THANKS FOR READING ALL THAT AND PLEASE PUT IN YOUR INPUT. IM NEW TO THIS SITE AGAIN BUT NOT A NEWB SW TANK KEEPER.

Archived