inTank Media Baskets

Found this in my frogspawn.... any ideas?

Railstone

Found this peaking out of an empty polyp socket in my frogspawn. Has four brown and white stripped tendrils out both day and night. Found it the day after i added the frogspawn to my tank and i am wondering if it is eating my coral. Should i try to remove it? Put up a day and night shot its the thing in the circle.

dsc02252ir1.jpg

dsc02251ie8.jpg

It looks like some sort of banded starfish. I has hairy arms, right? I have doubts that it is reef safe. I had one, I lost it in my lr, so I have been watching my corals and polyps closely.

Yeah it has tiny bristles on its arms, Just sort of sits there hasent moved in 2 days. Tried to grab him but it retracted back into my frogspawn.

Yeah it has tiny bristles on its arms, Just sort of sits there hasent moved in 2 days. Tried to grab him but it retracted back into my frogspawn.

It's a mini brittlestar. They are a great addition to your clean up crew. Leave him be, they stay very small and eat any detruis in your tank they find. They will not harm any livestock at all. I had an army of them in my 110 and they were a huge help keeping water parameters good.

^^^+1 ^^^

I have a bunch of them, both ppure white, and black and white stripes. Let them grow and multiply. They will help clean up anything that does not get eaten by the fish.

dsoz :)

Thanks for the reply! Ok ill leave him be he doesnt seem to be to eager to eat any polyps after 2 days anyway. Good to know hes safe.

Archived